public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* status of NTPL patches
@ 2003-06-27 15:52 David Carlton
From: David Carlton @ 2003-06-27 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: J. Johnston, Elena Zannoni

What's the status of the NTPL patches?  Are they all in mainline yet?
I'm about to sync my branch with mainline, and I'm curious if I'm
allowed to tell my local users that it's okay to use it with Red Hat
9.0 yet.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com

* Re: status of NTPL patches
@ 2003-06-27 16:17 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-06-27 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Carlton; +Cc: gdb, J. Johnston, Elena Zannoni

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:48:04AM -0700, David Carlton wrote:
> What's the status of the NTPL patches?  Are they all in mainline yet?
> I'm about to sync my branch with mainline, and I'm curious if I'm
> allowed to tell my local users that it's okay to use it with Red Hat
> 9.0 yet.

I believe that it should work.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: status of NTPL patches
@ 2003-06-27 16:24   ` J. Johnston
From: J. Johnston @ 2003-06-27 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: David Carlton, gdb, Elena Zannoni, msnyder

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:48:04AM -0700, David Carlton wrote:
>
>>What's the status of the NTPL patches?  Are they all in mainline yet?
>>I'm about to sync my branch with mainline, and I'm curious if I'm
>>allowed to tell my local users that it's okay to use it with Red Hat
>>9.0 yet.
>

> I believe that it should work.

They are all committed except for Michael's rewrite of the gcore patch which I haven't
seen a commit notice for yet.  I don't see any reason it can't be checked in - Michael?

There is also an unresolved issue with gdbserver.

-- Jeff J.

* Re: status of NTPL patches
@ 2003-06-27 16:36     ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-06-27 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Johnston; +Cc: David Carlton, gdb, Elena Zannoni, msnyder

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:17:20PM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:

> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:48:04AM -0700, David Carlton wrote:
> >
> >>What's the status of the NTPL patches?  Are they all in mainline yet?
> >>I'm about to sync my branch with mainline, and I'm curious if I'm
> >>allowed to tell my local users that it's okay to use it with Red Hat
> >>9.0 yet.
> >

> >I believe that it should work.
> >

> They are all committed except for Michael's rewrite of the gcore patch
> which I haven't
> seen a commit notice for yet.  I don't see any reason it can't be checked
> in - Michael?

Do you mean:
2003-06-19  Michael Snyder  <msnyder@redhat.com>

        * linux-nat.h: New file.
        * linux-nat.c: Include linux-nat.h.
        * lin-lwp.c: Include linux-nat.h.
        Move struct lwp_info def to linux-nat.h.
        * linux-proc.c: Include linux-nat.h.
        (linux_make_note_section): Iterate over lwps instead of threads.
        (linux_do_thread_registers): Use lwp instead of merged pid.
        * config/nm-linux.h: Move miscelaneous def'ns to linux-nat.h.
        * Makefile.in (lin-lwp.o, linux-proc.o, linux-nat.o):
        Add dependency on linux_nat_h.

?

> There is also an unresolved issue with gdbserver.

That's a bit of an understatement... well, hopefully it won't be too
hard, but I won't have time to look at it for another project or two.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: status of NTPL patches
@ 2003-06-27 17:49       ` Elena Zannoni
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2003-06-27 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: J. Johnston, David Carlton, gdb, Elena Zannoni, msnyder

Daniel Jacobowitz writes:
 > On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:17:20PM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:
 > >
 > > Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

 > > >I believe that it should work.
 > > >

 > > They are all committed except for Michael's rewrite of the gcore patch
 > > which I haven't
 > > seen a commit notice for yet.  I don't see any reason it can't be checked
 > > in - Michael?
 >
 > Do you mean:
 > 2003-06-19  Michael Snyder  <msnyder@redhat.com>
 >
 >         * linux-nat.h: New file.
 >         * linux-nat.c: Include linux-nat.h.
 >         * lin-lwp.c: Include linux-nat.h.
 >         Move struct lwp_info def to linux-nat.h.
 >         * linux-proc.c: Include linux-nat.h.
 >         (linux_make_note_section): Iterate over lwps instead of threads.
 >         (linux_do_thread_registers): Use lwp instead of merged pid.
 >         * config/nm-linux.h: Move miscelaneous def'ns to linux-nat.h.
 >         * Makefile.in (lin-lwp.o, linux-proc.o, linux-nat.o):
 >         Add dependency on linux_nat_h.
 >
 > ?
 >

 > > There is also an unresolved issue with gdbserver.
 >
 > That's a bit of an understatement... well, hopefully it won't be too
 > hard, but I won't have time to look at it for another project or two.
 >
 > --
 > Daniel Jacobowitz
 > MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer

Hold tight, I am about done with another round of ala-mec-testing on
RHL9 with gdb HEAD and gdb6. I should have something later today.
But yes, they should work, modulus a little patch I am about to post.

elena

* Re: status of NTPL patches
@ 2003-06-27 17:52       ` J. Johnston
From: J. Johnston @ 2003-06-27 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: David Carlton, gdb, Elena Zannoni, msnyder

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:17:20PM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:
>
>>Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>>>I believe that it should work.
>>>

>>They are all committed except for Michael's rewrite of the gcore patch
>>which I haven't
>>seen a commit notice for yet.  I don't see any reason it can't be checked
>>in - Michael?
>

> Do you mean:
> 2003-06-19  Michael Snyder  <msnyder@redhat.com>
>
>         * linux-nat.h: New file.
>         * linux-nat.c: Include linux-nat.h.
>         * lin-lwp.c: Include linux-nat.h.
>         Move struct lwp_info def to linux-nat.h.
>         * linux-proc.c: Include linux-nat.h.
>         (linux_make_note_section): Iterate over lwps instead of threads.
>         (linux_do_thread_registers): Use lwp instead of merged pid.
>         * config/nm-linux.h: Move miscelaneous def'ns to linux-nat.h.
>         * Makefile.in (lin-lwp.o, linux-proc.o, linux-nat.o):
>         Add dependency on linux_nat_h.
>
> ?

Yes.  Didn't see a post about it being committed.  Thanks.

-- Jeff J.