public inbox for gnats-announce@sourceware.org
* announcing: Gnatsweb 2.4
@ 1999-07-27 14:15 Kenneth H. Cox
From: Kenneth H. Cox @ 1999-07-27 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-announce

This release consists of bug fixes to gnatsweb 2.3, plus some requested
enhancements.  See the ChangeLog file (attached) for the details.  This
release also contains a help file (gnatsweb.html) which unfortunately is
not accessible from within gnatsweb.  A patch to do this would be
appreciated.  Note that to keep installation drop-dead simple, this HTML
help should be served up by gnatsweb itself, not installed in a separate
file (which for an Apache server would need to be installed into a
separate directory).

Sorry, this release does not include Ronald J. Kimball's cookies
patches. Mr Kimball: please send me a complete gnatsweb.pl, so I can
make sure that I have all your patches (which according to your messages
are dependent on each other).

Regards,
Ken
--

                   Gnatsweb - web front-end to gnats

                            Matt Gerassimoff
                              Kenneth Cox

What is Gnatsweb?
=================

    Gnatsweb is a web front-end to gnats, the GNU Problem Report
    Management System.  It is a CGI script which runs on your web server.

How does Gnatsweb differ from...
================================

    * wwwgnats?  Gnatsweb was inspired by wwwgnats.  Gnatsweb uses
      gnatsd, so your web server and gnats server don't have to be on
      the same machine or have access to your network.  Gnatsweb has
      better queries, and you can store them.

    * CERN-wwwgnats?  Gnatsweb does not reqiure any patches to gnats.
      Gnatsweb is simple to install.

    * juniper-web-reports?  I don't really know.  Gnatsweb talks to
      gnatsd directly, it doesn't use nquery-pr.

System Requirements
===================

    Gnatsweb requires that you have the following:

    * The 'gnatsd' network daemon installed and configured, version
      3.108 or greater.

    * Write access to a CGI-enabled directory on your web server.

    * Perl 5, with the fine CGI.pm module.
      There has been trouble reported with a version of perl
      prior to 5.004_04.

Where do I get it?
==================

    ftp://ftp.senteinc.com/gnatsweb/

    It's also available in the contrib/gnatsweb directory of the
    gnats distribution.

How do I install it?
====================

    Read the INSTALL file.

Who wrote it?

    Gnatsweb was written by Matt Gerassimoff <mg@digalogsys.com> and
    Kenneth H. Cox <kenstir@senteinc.com>.

    Grateful acknowledgement is given to the authors of wwwgnats, a
    precursor to gnatsweb in spirit if not in code base:
    Dan Kegel and Huy Le, Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com> and
    Ken Coar <coar@apache.org>.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-07-27 14:15 UTC | newest]