From: "Pankaj K Garg" <gargp@earthlink.net>
To: "'Christian Guse'" <christian.guse@ese.de>, <help-gnats@gnu.org>
Subject: RE: accesslevel 'submit'
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:08:00 -0000	[thread overview]

It seems that you've hit a limitation of gnatsweb.

Browsing through the code, I came across the following
on lines 3334-3341:

   	# check access level.  if < view, make them log in again.
      # it might be better to allow "create-only" access for users
      # with 'submit' access.
  	if ($LEVEL_TO_CODE{$access_level} < $LEVEL_TO_CODE{'view'}) {
  	    login_page(undef, "You do not have access to database:
  	    undef($suppress_client_exit);
  	    client_exit();
  	}

 As you can see from the comments, it seems gnatsweb currently cannot
handle any access level less than 'view'. If this is really important
to you, I can schedule some time to work on this.

Pankaj