From: "John P. Harvey" <jpharvey@ptc.com>
To: "Rick Macdonald" <rickm@vsl.com>,
	"Austin Bingham" <abingham@cadlips.ece.utexas.edu>
Cc: "GNATS Developement" <gnats-devel@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: RE: gnatsweb attachments
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 00:52:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I suspect they should be stored seperately if possible. We have
started using thius feature in gnatsweb and when get assigned a
new bug with attached files in the bug report it can tak a long
time to download the mail message. So i guess it doesnt matter
if the data is stored in the same file but the mail message
sent when a new bug is submitted probably shouldnt contain the attached
files.

Whilst talking about changes for 4.0 one request i've had is for the mail
message
sent from gnats for new bug reports to be similar to the gnatsweb mail which
is brief
but contains a hyperlink to the bug report instead of the whole bug report.
Since the
initial bug reports are sent by gnats and not gnatsweb i cant think of a way
to do this
at the moment.

Thanks

John