* Editing PR
@ 2001-07-13  0:39 S Ramesh
From: S Ramesh @ 2001-07-13  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNATS; +Cc: Margaret BRIERTON, Rick Macdonald

Hi ,

When i tried to close a PR using edit-pr i opened the PR and changed
the status to closed and saved. it is prompting like

Hit `return` to fix the following errors, or type \'quit\' to quit:
pr-edit: Couldn't parse the ARRIVAL_DATE date: Tue Jul 10 12:20:00
IST 2001.

what could be the reason. The lock file is also not created for the
PR. but when i tired to change the status as closed and when i submit
edit .. its sayiing internal server error.. which i mentioned the
error message in the previous mail. Kinldy help me.. its urgent..
everything got over for me..except this kind of configuration.
Does anybody have incurred this problem.. if so kindly help me..

TIA
Ramesh

* Re: Editing PR
@ 2001-07-13  7:57 ` Rick Macdonald
From: Rick Macdonald @ 2001-07-13  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S Ramesh; +Cc: GNATS, Margaret BRIERTON

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, S Ramesh wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> When i tried to close a PR using edit-pr i opened the PR and changed
> the status to closed and saved. it is prompting like
>
> Hit `return` to fix the following errors, or type \'quit\' to quit:
> pr-edit: Couldn't parse the ARRIVAL_DATE date: Tue Jul 10 12:20:00
> IST 2001.
>
> what could be the reason. The lock file is also not created for the
> PR. but when i tired to change the status as closed and when i submit
> edit .. its sayiing internal server error.. which i mentioned the
> error message in the previous mail. Kinldy help me.. its urgent..
> everything got over for me..except this kind of configuration.
> Does anybody have incurred this problem.. if so kindly help me..

Is that gnats 3.x? It's because IST idn't recognised. It's commented out
in getdate.c:

#if 0
    { "ist",	tZONE,     -HOUR (5.5) },/* Indian Standard */
#endif

...RickM...

* Re: Editing PR
@ 2001-07-14  5:40   ` S Ramesh
From: S Ramesh @ 2001-07-14  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: GNATS, Margaret BRIERTON, rashanmu

Hi Rick,

Ur hint helped me a lot. i removed that comment and then in
recompiled the code. now i tried with edit-pr. this time it didn't
mentioned any PARSE error. it worked fine and it asked for the reason
for closing. i given a reason. then when i saw the mail to
gnats-admin.. i found a mail named problem with pr-edit. in the
message it is like

pr-edit: could not rename /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/test/4:
Permission denied

what could be the problem. even when i try to file a PR also it is
saying now problem with file-pr and another mail problem with
queue-pr.

the message inside queue-pr is like

renamed `gnats9sMJkC' to `.gnats9sMJkC' pending human intervention.

the message inside file-pr is

Can't write the PR to /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/Traffic/17.

what could be the problem. i tried with tkgnats, gnatsweb and as well
as send-pr and edit-pr everything giving this same problem. somewhere
i am missing something... can anybody help me to figure it out.. i
will be very much thankful...

THanks
Ramesh

On Friday 13 July 2001 08:24 pm, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, S Ramesh wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > When i tried to close a PR using edit-pr i opened the PR and
> > changed the status to closed and saved. it is prompting like
> >
> > Hit `return` to fix the following errors, or type \'quit\' to
> > quit: pr-edit: Couldn't parse the ARRIVAL_DATE date: Tue Jul 10
> > 12:20:00 IST 2001.
> >
> > what could be the reason. The lock file is also not created for
> > the PR. but when i tired to change the status as closed and when
> > i submit edit .. its sayiing internal server error.. which i
> > mentioned the error message in the previous mail. Kinldy help
> > me.. its urgent.. everything got over for me..except this kind of
> > configuration. Does anybody have incurred this problem.. if so
> > kindly help me..
>
> Is that gnats 3.x? It's because IST idn't recognised. It's
> commented out in getdate.c:
>
> #if 0
>     { "ist",	tZONE,     -HOUR (5.5) },/* Indian Standard */
> #endif
>
> ...RickM...

* Re: Editing PR
@ 2001-07-15  6:26   ` S Ramesh
From: S Ramesh @ 2001-07-15  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: GNATS, Margaret BRIERTON, Uma R, Yngve Svendsen

Hi,

I have a very serious problem now. whenever i submit a report it is
put into the gnats-queue directory and when the cron daemon runs two
mails arrive to the gnats-admin

1. problem with queue-pr

content is like

Subject: problem with queue-pr

renamed `gnatsMdYptO' to `.gnatsMdYptO' pending human intervention.

2. problem with file-pr

content is like
Subject: problem with file-pr

Can't write the PR to /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/test/19.

Kindly anybody plz help me what is the problem. it has been working
fine. but when i installed gnatsweb aslo it worked fine. but when i
createa new Category also it worked fine. but i dont know from one
time this message is coming when i try to submit the report iwht
gnatsweb or tkgnats or send-pr ( for which and all it worked prev ).

To Rick,

Thanks rick for ur suggestion reagrding edit-pr problem. but i
recompiled the code now. now its parsing fine. but also a new problem
arise like a mail to gnats-admin like

problem with pr-edit (the message is like )

pr-edit: could not rename /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/test/4:
Permission denied

what i have to do for this. Kindly help me.. i am in very much need
of your help please. kindly help me to sort out these problems

TIA,
Ramesh

On Friday 13 July 2001 08:24 pm, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, S Ramesh wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > When i tried to close a PR using edit-pr i opened the PR and
> > changed the status to closed and saved. it is prompting like
> >
> > Hit `return` to fix the following errors, or type \'quit\' to
> > quit: pr-edit: Couldn't parse the ARRIVAL_DATE date: Tue Jul 10
> > 12:20:00 IST 2001.
> >
> > what could be the reason. The lock file is also not created for
> > the PR. but when i tired to change the status as closed and when
> > i submit edit .. its sayiing internal server error.. which i
> > mentioned the error message in the previous mail. Kinldy help
> > me.. its urgent.. everything got over for me..except this kind of
> > configuration. Does anybody have incurred this problem.. if so
> > kindly help me..
>
> Is that gnats 3.x? It's because IST idn't recognised. It's
> commented out in getdate.c:
>
> #if 0
>     { "ist",	tZONE,     -HOUR (5.5) },/* Indian Standard */
> #endif
>
> ...RickM...

* Re: Editing PR
@ 2001-07-16  5:48     ` george stewart
From: george stewart @ 2001-07-16  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rashanmu; +Cc: gnats-devel

Hi Ramesh
--- S Ramesh <rashanmu@npd.hcltech.com> wrote:

> I have a very serious problem now. whenever i submit
> a report it is
> put into the gnats-queue directory and when the cron
> daemon runs two
> mails arrive to the gnats-admin
>

> Can't write the PR to
> /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/test/19.

Have you checked the permissions of test?  When you
run mkcat, su as gnats.

> problem with pr-edit (the message is like )
>
> pr-edit: could not rename
> /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/test/4:
> Permission denied

Ditto for this one.

Regards, george

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

* Re: Editing PR
@ 2001-07-16  5:53       ` S Ramesh
From: S Ramesh @ 2001-07-16  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: george stewart; +Cc: gnats-devel

HI George,

Yeah permissions is the problem. Once i applied a permission change in
gnats-db directory which i applied to all subfolders also. that is the
rootcause of all the problems. Now i fixed it. Thanks george for ur
suggestion.

Regds,
Ramesh