* Newbie
@ 2002-11-21  4:04 Mark Cullen
From: Mark Cullen @ 2002-11-21  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I have been trying to set up a web based bug tracker using gnats & gnatsweb
running on Linux.

It looks as if gnats (gnats-3.999.1) is working OK I can run send-pr on the
Linux machine and the PRs get moved around OK. I thinks gnatsd is OK as I
can telnet to port 1529 and type in commands both from the Linux machine
itself and from outside.

When I run the gnatsweb (gnatsweb-2.9.3) test script i get the message

connect..........Fail
make: *** [test] Error 29

but I don't see the html described in the Troubleshooting file. I tried to
install it and run it anyway as suggested in the troubleshooting document
and I do see the login page when browse my Linux box but the list of
databases is empty and when I press the login button I get get sent back to
the login page.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Mark Cullen

Arcom Control Systems.

mcullen@arcomcontrols.com

* Re: Newbie
@ 2002-11-21  4:12 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2002-11-21  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 17:51 18.11.2002 +0000, Mark Cullen wrote:
>When I run the gnatsweb (gnatsweb-2.9.3) test script i get the message
>
>connect..........Fail
>make: *** [test] Error 29

You are trying to run a version of Gnatsweb that is meant for the 3.113
version of GNATS. You need to use the version supplied with GNATS 3.999.1
in the contrib directory of the distribution.

I would strongly recommend that you check out the latest CVS versions of
GNATS 4 and Gnatsweb 4 and use those instead. We are (as far as I can see)
ready for a beta 2 release, and there has been a vast number of important
bugfixes since 3.999.1.

See the following for info on checking out code from CVS:
https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnatsweb
https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnats

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

* Internal fields?
@ 2002-11-25 10:09 ` Leif Warland
From: Leif Warland @ 2002-11-25 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to have a field which is only accessible, for both
writing and reading, for a certain group of people (administrators)?
I have been reading the documentation and mail-groups without finding
any answer to my question.
--
Leif Warland

* Re: Internal fields?
@ 2002-11-25 10:27   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2002-11-25 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:58 21.11.2002 +0100, Leif Warland wrote:
>Is it possible to have a field which is only accessible, for both
>writing and reading, for a certain group of people (administrators)?
>I have been reading the documentation and mail-groups without finding
>any answer to my question.

No, it is not. This, together with restricting submission and editing of
certain PRs to certain users, has been requested before. It think it would
take a good deal of work to implement these access-control-list-like
features. Perhaps in 5.0?

Yngve Svendsen