From: Randy Haddox <randal.haddox@us.army.mil>
To: Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>
Subject: Re: Gnats config
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:17:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> cannot use it in your "Submitter-Id" field.  Edit your "SUBMITTER="
> environment variable to say "unknown" or add 'rphaddox' to your
> submitters file.

Are tyou talking about the variable located in my /usr/local/bin/send-pr
file?

> Is send-pr using a mailer or pr-edit?  Check the "MAILPROG=" environment
> variable. If this is unset, you're using pr-edit.

I have MAILPROG set to "/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t".  Which is preferred,
pr-edit or mailer?

> sending email.  If you're sending email, make sure your aliases file is
> set up correctly to receive queries through email.

I assume this is correct but when I submit the PR using s)end, it takes
a while to return back to the prompt where the message "send-pr: problem
report mailed" is displayed.  I have included the following to my
aliases file:

gnats-admin:    root
bugs:           "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q"
bug-q:          "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q"
bug-log:        /usr/local/tmp/bugs.log
bugs:           bug-q, bug-log
query-pr:       "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/mail-query"

> Alternatively, is the category listed in the "categories" file?  How did
> you go about making the category?

I re-did this category using the command '.../mkcat str' to double-check.

> Have you referenced the GNU GNATS manual ala the 'info' command?
> There's a lot of useful information in there...

I'm using it for sure but I have not attempted network access before.

Thanks,
Randy