* Re: Problems with GNATS
@ 2000-09-14 17:10 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2000-09-14 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: gnats-devel

I have a machine which acts as my mailhost.  It also acts as the
internal webhost.  I have a seperate machine gnatshost.  I have gnatsweb
set up on the mailhost/webhost.  It points to and gets stuff from
gnatshost.  At least queries.  I am nost sure about new entires that are
created.

So the /etc/aliases file that needs to be setup cirrectly is the one on
my mailhost/webhost or the one on my gnatshost ?  I currently have it
setup correctly on my gnatshost.  Is there a way for Gnatsweb to use
gnatshost as the mail system ?  Currently all systems are setup to relay
mail to the mailhost.  On the mailhost, I have /etc/aliases setup to
forward to the gnatshost like so:

    gnats:  gnats@gnatshost

But I do not seem to be seeing anything on gnatshost.  The /etc/aliases
entries on gnatshost are of the form:

    gnats:  /path/to/query-pr -d /psth/to/database -q

I might have made syntax errors above, but they are correct in the real
file.  I am just doing this off the top of my head.

Should I be doing anything at all with /etc/aliases on mailhost ?  Or
just on gnatshost ?  Or on both systems, like I am doing now ?

For the existing PRs in that we already have in GNATS,  I get no
notifications whatsoever (I am the gnats-admin and gnats-admin is setup
to be the responsible person at all levels, at least while we are
testing GNATS out).  I have DEBUG mode enabled,  NOTIFICATION is
enabled.  Is there a cron job or something I need to run ?  And how does
GNATS generate a new index automagically ?  According to the
documentation I should not have to touch gnats-admin/index or
gnats-admin/current.

thanks,

   mehul

From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2000-09-19 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: Mehul N. Sanghvi, gnats-devel

Rick,

    OK,  I have the crontab entries in the manner i want (and no dumb
typos either).  I still am a bit confused.  Does queue-pr update the
index file ?  And do i need to run at-pr manually or does queue-pr
handle that also ?

Currently the only thing in the crontab is the queue-pr entries for the
diffrent databases that I have.  Anything else that needs to go in there
?

I did get one message overnight from at-pr but am not sure how it got
generated.

thanks,

   mehul

From: Mehul N. Sanghvi @ 2000-09-18 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: Mehul Sanghvi, gnats-devel

--- Rick Macdonald <rickm@vsl.com> wrote:

> Well, the first time I thought it was just a typing error because you
> wrote it from the "top of your head".
>
> You have "query-pr" instead of "queue-pr" in your alias/pipe.
>
> ...RickM...

Dhuuuhhh!!!!!  (sound of one hand clapping placed here )

yes that seems to have taken care of some of the problem ... no bounced
email.

now do i need to have a cron job running as user gnats that does
'queue-pr -r' for each of the databases i have ?

I also closed one of the PRs.  Gnatsweb said to wait a bit and it would
refresh the page in  2seconds .. which it does not ... i waited for a
minute or so.

i did notice that a pending/3.old file had been created.  does this
also get processed by queue-pr -r ?

thanks,

  mehul

http://mail.yahoo.com/

* Re: Problems with GNATS
@ 2000-09-18 13:55 Mehul N. Sanghvi
From: Mehul N. Sanghvi @ 2000-09-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald, Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: gnats-devel

--- Rick Macdonald <rickm@vsl.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> No, mail is mail and the alias should be on the mailhost and
> gnatshost
> relays mail to mailhost just like every other machine.
>
> I'm assuming that the gnats database directories are mountable on
> mailhost...

OK.  I now have the mailhost setup with the aliases and the GNATS
distribution mounted via NFS to mailhost.

I now seem to be getting the following error from sendmail:

   query-pr: no PRs matched
   554 "| /nfs/gnatshost/usr/local/gnats/bin/query-pr -d \
/nfs/gnatshost/usr/local/gnats/share/gnats/test-db -q" ... unknown
mailer error 1

I was getting errors which indicated that query-pr was unknown but then
I remembered that I had to place a link in /etc/smrsh for sendmail to
allow the use of an external program.  Having done that, I get the
above error message.

> Let's get the mail going first and see what happens. You shouldn't
> ever
> need to touch index or current.

OK.  well I guess we are still trying to get the mail going.

> ...RickM...

mehul

http://mail.yahoo.com/

* Problems with GNATS
@ 2000-09-13 10:39 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2000-09-13 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

'allo,

    I had sent this last week,  but I have not seen any responses and I
have not seen it in my mailbox,  maybe something went wrong with the
list or along the way.  I will repeat the problem below and hopefully
someone has some sort of an answer.

	1. Does GNATS have to reside on teh same machine that is
acting             as your mailhost ?

	2. Why am I not seeing notifications after 24 hours (3 days) ?  Is
there something else I am suppposed to setup in order for notification
to work ?

	3.  I am unable to add new PRs into the system.  I get no
acknoledgements or anything.

Any and all help is appreciated.

thanks and cheers,

   mehul sanghvi