Mel, Thanks for the reply. I figured out that I don't have to run gnatsd in order to have send-pr etc... manipulate my local gnats database. I will be using your tip about $MAIL_AGENT > The gnats server sends email associated with various PR activity. > A quick way to disable this is to edit the 'mail-agent' > script in the /libexec/gnats directory, and replace > the line 'exec $MAIL_AGENT $@ > /dev/null' with something benign, > such as 'exec /bin/sh -c 'umask 0; cat > /dev/null'. It is a credit to the gnats developers that a lowly hacker (like me) can find the gnats-adm and the rest of my local database to be self- documenting. I have been using gnats for about 4 days now and find it invaluable. Please keep up your fantastic work gnats + arch + emacs = pure joy :) -- Thank you, Aidan Delaney. Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html