* Updates: Debian packages, Maintainer status
@ 2004-05-23 22:04 Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-05-23 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Just wanted to update you all on where I'm at.  I've unfortunately
stalled on the debian package.  I'll likely push out a small change to
the package just to get a working install over the broken packages in
unstable.  I still want to finish re-writing the package, but in the
interest of expediency (um...), I'll hold off.

As far as my involvement as GNATS Maintainer, I apologize for the
lengthy wait.  I finally got confirmation that 5% (2hrs/week) is OK.

With that in mind, I tried to set myself up for ssh access to the GNATS
CVS, but for some reason my version of ssh (3.8.1p1-3 on Debian
testing/unstable) does not work at all with Debian Woody daemons.  I
believe savannah.gnu.org is running on Debian Woody, as is my ISP.
Neither servers are available to me through publickey authentication.
savannah does not allow password authentication, only ssh public key.
That puts me between a rock and a hard place, making it impossible for
me to apply patches.

So, in the interim, I'm going to open up my GNU arch archive this
weekend.  More details to come.  (They'll probably be at
http://wookimus.net/~chewie/chewie@wookimus.net--gnats-2004)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/