* telnet localhost 1529: Connection closed by foreign host.
@ 2004-07-10  6:09 Michael Breen
From: Michael Breen @ 2004-07-10  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi,
Perhaps someone has some idea of what might be going on here...
I've installed gnats 4.0 and gnatsweb from the contrib dir.
and I'm running everything on the same machine.
The problem is:

$ telnet localhost 1529
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
$

(and I can telnet to, e.g., port 80 with no problem.)
I've looked through all the documentation several times but this
really has me stumped.

in /etc/services I have:
support		1529/tcp			# GNATS

I created a file /etc/xinetd.d/support:
# GNATS daemon
service support
{
	disable = no
	socket_type = stream
	protocol = tcp
	wait = no
	user = gnats
	server = /usr/local/libexec/gnats/gnatsd
	server_args = gnatsd
}

(I tried adding the "server_args" later and restarted xinetd)

$ tail -4 gnatsd.host_access
#software.free.com:edit:
localhost:edit:
*:listdb:

My OS is Fedora Core 1 with kernel upgraded to 2.6.5
If anyone has any ideas of how I might try to find out or
at least narrow down what might be the problem, I'd
appreciate it.
Regards,
Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-10  6:09 UTC | newest]