* New Debian package... just uploaded to experimental.
@ 2004-07-15 22:05 Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-07-15 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Just a heads-up.  I've uploaded packages gnats-user and gnats version
4.0-4 to experimental.  Below is the excerpt from the NEWS.Debian file.
I used a much of the content in the debian/scripts/* files in generating
the new maintainer scripts.

In any case, please test this package out and let me know what you
think.  Hopefully we can polish this up enough to push it through to
sarge.  There is only one bug holding back gnats from sarge right now:
#241416.  That's not to say I didn't introduce any more, but let's be a
bit optimistic for now. ;-)

gnats (4.0-4) experimental; urgency=low

  The Debian packaging for GNATS has undergone a huge booster shot, with an
  almost complete rewrite of the ./debian directory.  The package now brings
  to bear useful tools such as debhelper and cdbs for construction.  Patches
  were made to the Makefile.in files in the GNATS source itself in order to
  resolve the "incorrect paths" problems that has been plaguing the 4.0 series
  of packages.

  There are still many bugs that need to be ironed out with respect to file
  placement in packages and what to do about default configuration files for
  user-tools installations.

  One noticeable change is the dependence of that gnats-user package by the
  gnats package.  Previously, these two packages conflicted with each other.
  I am attempting to remove redundancy and simplify the build process by tying
  them together.  You may yet see a third package, gnats-common, in the near
  future.

  Also added was the Localization support for the debconf templates.
  Translators, please submit your *.po files for inclusion.  Thanks!

  Please report any problems you have with this package to the Debian Bug
  Tracking System.

 -- Chad Walstrom <chewie@debian.org>  Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:53:37 -0500
--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/