Mike, I'm all for l12n and i18n of GNATS and gnatsweb. Mel H. is planning on adding a data abstraction layer API to gnats so that different backends may be used. In fact, he has already written the code to support Oracle and is working on PostgreSQL, currently. XML could certainly be one of those implementations. Mike M. Volokhov wrote: > So as my time was limited, I've just changed header{} at mail-format{} > section as follows: > > header { > format "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r\nSubject: Re: %s/%s\n" > fields { "Category" "Number" } > } I used this method to add "Priority: junk" to all GNATS autoresponses. Great idea. > I.e. Subject now doesn't contains synopsis text, and message have a > Content-Type field. GNATS flexibility shining through once again, I'd say. > Second, I need complete localization for Gnats. I.e. all messages, > field names, categories and so on should be easy changed by site's own > values on any preferred language. I'm personally have two ideas for > this: > > 1) Add yet another field to Gnats PR structure: ">Encoding:". The Gnats > will use UTF-8, for example, as internal charset encoding. Great idea. > 2) Use XML as internal format for database processing. This allows use > power and simplicity of XML i18n. See above. I'd love to see this fleshed out. Does anyone have any driving opinions as to which we should pursue. I don't know how large of an impact #1 would have on the code base, as I'm not that familiar with it yet. #2 probably won't happen until we get Mel's new API in place. On a personal note, the delivery date of our first child is quickly approaching. Either my wife will be induced tonight or Friday, depending upon how the lab tests turn out later today. I will likely be off the radar for the next couple weeks. -- Chad Walstrom http://www.wookimus.net/ assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */