OK. An update is in order. It looks like gnats will not build on my system with the existing libiberty/ (and subsequently include/) directories and the changes I made to configure.in. I've tested dumping the old libiberty and replacing it with the one found in the gcc 3.4 sources. I was able to get a successful build and test installation. This is a larger change than I had hoped for, but probably one that needs to be done. The alternative is to step back from requiring autoconf 2.59, and instead stick with autoconf 2.13 for now. Anyway, I'll keep testing and let you know what I find. As an aside, should we be using bug-gnats for development discussions and leave help-gnats for end-user help? -- Chad Walstrom http://www.wookimus.net/ assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */