Pankaj Garg wrote: > I was wondering why the Gnatsweb interface for reporting > bugs to Gnats itself is not up. > > I filed a bug report to bug-gnats@gnu.org but don't know any > way now of checking its current status. Unfortunately, we don't actually have GNATS up and running on fencepost.gnu.org, and bugs.gnu.org points to a machine that no longer exists. This all dates back to the pre-4.0 release period when the GNU servers were cracked. We have the old GNATS databases, but the savannah administrators have not yet fulfilled my request (over 6 months old) to install GNATS on fencepost (Debian Woody). I'll see if I can get an update from the sysadmin's as to the status of installing GNATS from Woody. So, I'll seek your opinions regarding the "dogbowl" status of our project. Do you think it's more important to have a stable version of GNATS running for our own bug reporting, or would you prefer to see a newer, perhaps RC version of GNATS running? I'm partial to simply running the stable version rather than cutting edge. If you all feel we should do cutting edge, I'll compile GNATS locally on my personal account on fencepost and run it from my home directory. -- Chad Walstrom http://www.wookimus.net/ assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */