* Gnats bug reporting
@ 2004-11-24 17:52 Pankaj Garg
From: Pankaj Garg @ 2004-11-24 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

I was wondering why the Gnatsweb interface for reporting
bugs to Gnats itself is not up.

I filed a bug report to bug-gnats@gnu.org but don't know any
way now of checking its current status.

Thanks

Pankaj

  --
  Pankaj K Garg                         garg@zeesource.net
  1684 Nightingale Avenue     408-373-4027

* Re: Gnats bug reporting
@ 2004-11-24 21:30 ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-11-24 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Garg; +Cc: help-gnats

Pankaj Garg wrote:
> I was wondering why the Gnatsweb interface for reporting
> bugs to Gnats itself is not up.
>
> I filed a bug report to bug-gnats@gnu.org but don't know any
> way now of checking its current status.

Unfortunately, we don't actually have GNATS up and running on
fencepost.gnu.org, and bugs.gnu.org points to a machine that no longer
exists.  This all dates back to the pre-4.0 release period when the GNU
servers were cracked.  We have the old GNATS databases, but the savannah
administrators have not yet fulfilled my request (over 6 months old) to
install GNATS on fencepost (Debian Woody).

I'll see if I can get an update from the sysadmin's as to the status of
installing GNATS from Woody.  So, I'll seek your opinions regarding the
"dogbowl" status of our project.  Do you think it's more important to
have a stable version of GNATS running for our own bug reporting, or
would you prefer to see a newer, perhaps RC version of GNATS running?

I'm partial to simply running the stable version rather than cutting
edge.  If you all feel we should do cutting edge, I'll compile GNATS
locally on my personal account on fencepost and run it from my home
directory.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/

* Re: Gnats bug reporting
@ 2004-11-24 21:42   ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-11-24 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Pankaj Garg

Chad Walstrom wrote:
> Pankaj Garg wrote:
> > I was wondering why the Gnatsweb interface for reporting
> > bugs to Gnats itself is not up.
> >
> > I filed a bug report to bug-gnats@gnu.org but don't know any
> > way now of checking its current status.

For that matter, you can look at the online archives for the mailing
list, which has turned into a psuedo-chat email list regarding the
problems.  This is my fault.  I should have simply moved the
conversation of these bugs back to help-gnats.  bug-gnats will
eventually be re-aliased to point to the GNATS system rather than the
mailman email list, hopefully with some nice spam filtering in front of
it.

--

@ 2004-11-24 22:23   ` Pankaj Garg
From: Pankaj Garg @ 2004-11-24 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Walstrom; +Cc: help-gnats

I'd vote for running the stable version, rather than the cutting edge.