David S Gathright wrote: > What's the timeframe looking like for the 4.1 release? We're about to > move into a (much) larger scale deployment of the GNATS system and I'd > prefer not to upgrade the GNATS system just after that. I'm CC'ing help-gnats@gnu.org to soliciting opinions. I wanted to make sure we could build on all platforms before releasing. I believe there were a couple FreeBSD issues with rc1 [1]_ that I hope have gone away now that we've dropped libiberty and friends. We need some testing, essentially. Once we confirm that everything compiles on platforms that GNATS is used, I'll tag the release in CVS and roll the tarball. One thing that I've run in to is making sure that getdate.c doesn't get recompiled using bison > 1.35. Bison 1.875d, the default on Debian, does not produce viable output with our getdate.y file. This might be a good candidate for gnulib addition. I'll send a bug to bug-gnats. In any case, if you don't rebuild getdate.c or if you use bison 1.35, everything seems to compile just fine. .. [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnats/2004-11/msg00012.html -- Chad Walstrom http://www.wookimus.net/ assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */