Lucille Hayward wrote: > Hi - first timer here so apologies if I'm asking about a well known > fact; Is it possible to operate GNATS with MSSQL - (Boss would be > happy to do some small customisation but doesn't have much time right > now to do anything major)? If so, does anybody know of someone doing > just that? Mel is working on rolling in his gnats-dbi project [1]_ in to GNU GNATS. This is his port of GNATS database backend to Oracle. First on the list to support, after the merger, is PostgreSQL. You could drop in and add a helping hand for MSSQL after GNATS 5.0 (the target release for full integration of Mel's changes), or download the gnats-dbi code yourself and start porting today. I would suggest the use of this email as a place to synchronize efforts. In any case, GNATS is fairly customizable already. Take a look at the on-line documentation [2]_ for ideas on how to add, remove, and custom fields from the database. .. [1] http://professional.juniper.net/gnats/ .. [2] http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats/#documentation -- Chad Walstrom http://www.wookimus.net/ assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */