* FW: MSSQL with GNATS
@ 2005-03-08 17:13 Lucille Hayward
From: Lucille Hayward @ 2005-03-08 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi - first timer here so apologies if I'm asking about a well known
fact; Is it possible to operate GNATS with MSSQL  - (Boss would be happy
to do some small customisation but doesn't have much time right now to
do anything major)?
If so, does anybody know of someone doing just that?

Many thanks

* Re: FW: MSSQL with GNATS
@ 2005-03-08 17:21 ` Mel Hatzis
From: Mel Hatzis @ 2005-03-08 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucille Hayward; +Cc: help-gnats

Lucille Hayward wrote:

> Hi - first timer here so apologies if I'm asking about a well known
> fact; Is it possible to operate GNATS with MSSQL  - (Boss would be happy
> to do some small customisation but doesn't have much time right now to
> do anything major)?

Not at this point. We're working towards a generalized backend datastore
for version 5.0, but this isn't available yet. Even with the generalized
backend though, support for MSSQL will not be available, just possible.

> If so, does anybody know of someone doing just that?

If you're interested in using GNATS with an Oracle backend, check out
http://professional.juniper.net/gnats/. I put this together for my
employer and we've been using it for almost two years now.

--
Mel Hatzis

* Re: FW: MSSQL with GNATS
@ 2005-03-08 22:35 ` Chad Walstrom