* RE: Gnatsweb: Unparseable reply from gnatsd
       [not found] <20050315170600.3290EE90F1@mail.advancedpricing.com>
@ 2005-03-15 17:54 ` Jeremy Cowgar
From: Jeremy Cowgar @ 2005-03-15 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Quoting Stuart Stevens <stuart_stevens@sierralogic.com>:

> One reason that the reply is unparseable if it is blank is if the server
> dies unexpectedly.  I have seen this happen with 4.0.

Any ideas on how to tell why the server died?

Jeremy Cowgar

* Re: Gnatsweb: Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2005-03-15 18:11   ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2005-03-15 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:29:05PM -0500, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> Quoting Stuart Stevens <stuart_stevens@sierralogic.com>:
>
> >One reason that the reply is unparseable if it is blank is if the server
> >dies unexpectedly.  I have seen this happen with 4.0.
>
> Any ideas on how to tell why the server died?

Compile with debugging symbols and save the coredump?

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/

* Re: Gnatsweb: Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2005-03-16  6:43     ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2005-03-16  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:34:52AM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> Compile with debugging symbols and save the coredump?

Some of the recent compiles of 4.0 had been problematic when compiled
with optimizations.  I believe it had something to do with the libiberty
handling of memcpy and other wrapper functions.  Libiberty has been
removed in 4.1.0, which consequently is considered the new "stable"
platform.  Rather than spending a lot of time debugging 4.0, I would
suggest upgrading if possible.

--

@ 2005-03-15 17:36     ` Stuart Stevens
From: Stuart Stevens @ 2005-03-15 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jcowgar, 'Chad Walstrom'; +Cc: help-gnats

One reason that the reply is unparseable if it is blank is if the server
dies unexpectedly.  I have seen this happen with 4.0.

Stuart

From: Jeremy Cowgar @ 2005-03-15  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Walstrom; +Cc: help-gnats

@ 2005-03-14 20:57 ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2005-03-14 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2005-03-14 19:41 Jeremy Cowgar
From: Jeremy Cowgar @ 2005-03-14 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

When creating a task via Gnatsweb, I recieve the following error:

----

Error

Unparseable reply from gnatsd

Thank you for your report. It will take a short while for your report to
be processed. When it is, you will receive an automated message about
it, containing the Problem Report number, and the developer who has been
assigned to investigate the problem.

----

In my apache log:

----

[Mon Mar 14 14:00:21 2005] gnatsweb.pl: gnatsweb: unparseable gnatsd
output: ; user=jcowgar, db=default; stacktrace: In: main::get_reply <=
main::client_cmd <= main::submitnewpr <= main::main
at /usr/lib/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl line 442, <SOCK> line 215., referer:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?debug=&database=default&cmd=create

----

I use the emacs interface all day long and have no problems. This is the
only information I can find about the problem. Does anyone have any
ideas? I did go through and reformat quite a bit in the dbconfig to
better suit our needs. Everything I did was remove items, I added no new
ones, just removed those we did not need. I have been up and down the
config file w/no luck in finding anything wrong.

The gnatsweb edits bugs just fine, it just cannot create them. Send-pr
and the emacs interface works great w/no problems.

Thanks!

Jeremy