Well, I thought I was clipping right along with converting the GNATS build process to automake, but realize that there is a lot of cleanup to do. The target version of the tools I'll be using is automake (and aclocal) 1.8, and autoconf 2.59. My biggest hangup right now is trying to get AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR to actually set ac_aux_dir in the generated configure file. It's not happening, and running autoupdate to update the configure.ac file isn't running all the way through. There's more manual cleanup for me to do. I'll keep you posted. -- Chad Walstrom http://www.wookimus.net/ assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */