On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 09:06:45PM +0800, Lan Yufeng wrote: > Hi, is there any way to send notification mail with database name > set dynamically, such as: > Subject: FooProduct cat1/pr#123 > * FooProduct is the database name. > > Because we gonna have a lot of databases, manually modify dbconfig > for each database is time consuming. > > help! Suggestion on soucecode hacking are welcome too. My first suggestion is to use a separate email for each database. It is relatively easy to tell your email server to pipe to "queue-pr --database DATABASE". You could probably generate a quick sed script to walk over the dbconfig files and insert the appropriate address. I personally email addresses named after the database in some way. For example, bug-DATABASE@bugs.domain.tld. I then use procmail to match the "To:" and "Cc:" headers for the database name and pipe it to the appropriate queue-pr command: # One recipe to rule them all... MATCH= :0: * ^(To|Cc): bug-\/[_-a-zA-Z0-9]+ { DB=$MATCH :0 w | queue-pr --database=${DB} :0 e failed-queue/${DB}/. } # Or you can have separate recipes for each database :0 w * ^(To|Cc): PRODUCT@bug.domain.tld | queue-pr --database=PRODUCT :0 e failed-queue/PRODUCT/. -- Chad Walstrom http://www.wookimus.net/ assert(expired(knowledge)); /* core dump */