* Regarding adding projects to Gnats
@ 2005-05-24 22:36 munda
From: munda @ 2005-05-24 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi
My name is Abdul. I wanted to know that is there a way to add more than
one project to the same gnats installation. I have gnats on the server
and i wanted to attach one more project to same gnats instance. or i
have to install gnats for each project seperately?

Thanks
Abdul

* Re: Regarding adding projects to Gnats
@ 2005-05-24 23:22 ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2005-05-24 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abdul.Munda; +Cc: help-gnats

munda <Abdul.Munda@Sun.COM>  wrote:
> My name is Abdul. I wanted to know that is there a way to add more
> than one project to the same gnats installation. I have gnats on the
> server and i wanted to attach one more project to same gnats
> instance. or i have to install gnats for each project seperately?

Documented both in the info docs and on the web at:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats/doc/4_0_beta_snapshot/mkdb.html#mkdb

Also in the faq info file and on the web at:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats/doc/faq/gnats-faq_3.html#SEC15

Adding another database

To initialize a new GNATS database:

   1. Add a line for the new database in the databases file (see Where
      GNATS lives.)
   2. Run mkdb, using

      mkdb database

      where database is the database you specified in the databases
      file. mkdb creates the database directory and populates it with
      the directories pending, gnats-queue and gnats-adm. A full set
      of sample configuration files is copied to the gnats-adm
      directory.

One last item not listed in the manual but is listed in the FAQ is to
optionally add an email alias to pipe email the appropriate GNATS
programs.

Good luck!

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/