* gnatsweb news
@ 2001-09-07 17:43 Dirk Bergstrom
From: Dirk Bergstrom @ 2001-09-07 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

changelog for gnatsweb in the savannah.gnu.org CVS repository:

2001-09-07  Dirk Bergstrom  <dirk@juniper.net>

	* gnatsweb.pl (get_mailto_link): rewritten to properly
html-escape
	the followup mailto: link contents.

	* gnatsweb.pl (help_page): Changed bare calls to p() & a() to
	$q->p() style calls.  Missed these yesterday.

2001-09-06  Dirk Bergstrom  <dirk@juniper.net>

	* gnatsweb.pl: Use CGI qw/-nosticky/; This prevents CGI.pm from
	appending a bunch of .cgifields to every self_url().  AFAIK,
we're
	not using CGI.pm's sticky field features, so we can do w/o the
	overhead and the unreasonably long URLs it produces.

	* gnatsweb.pl: Changed bare calls to CGI.pm routines to
qualified
	calls (ie. submit(foo... becomes $q->submit(foo... ).  This
allows
	us to stop importing the :standard and :netscape extensions to
	CGI.pm.  Doing so should improve the startup time and decrease
	memory footprint.

	* gnatsweb.pl: Refresh headers choke on semicolon-separated
	query-strings, so we change semicolons to ampersands in the URL
	everywhere we use refresh.

	* gnatsweb.pl (view, edit, submitedit, download_attachment):
Added
	code to strip non-digit characters from $pr.  Gnatsd sometimes
	accepts category/number, and sometimes does the Wrong Thing, and
	thought it best to remove the possibility of problems.

	* gnatsweb.pl (camouflage, set_pref): Removed camouflage()ing of
	'user', since the first time I used this version of gnatsweb, it
	became convinced that my username was 'ag`tavqw'.  This
migration
	problem far outweighs the meager benefits of masking the
username
	in the cookie.  camouflage()ing the password will still cause
	migration problems for sites that have used a previous
incarnation
	of gnatsweb, but it might be worth it...

	* gnatsweb.pl (page_start_html): Don't show logout button if
	$site_gnatsweb_server_auth is set.  Don't show button bar on
main
	page.  Changed all the html tags to lowercase, for
	standards-compliance.

	* gnatsweb.pl (datemenu, edit): Removed datemenu(), and the one
	(unreachable) reference to it.  It was unused, and probably
	justifiably so, given the robust date parsing abilities in
gnatsd.

	* gnatsweb.pl (display_query_results): Strip empty params out of
	$url for the "View for bookmarking" link.

	* gnatsweb.pl (store_query): Strip empty params out of
	$query_string before building cookie, to help keep it under the
4K
	limit.  Check (approx) length of cookie, error if it looks like
	it's going to be over 4K.

	* gnatsweb.pl (get_mailto_link): Added a new config parameter,
	%site_pr_submission_address.  If set for the current database,
	get_mailto_link() adds a mailto: link ("submit followup via
	email") that goes to the local PR submission address and the
PR's
	Reply-To address.  The subject is set so that the message gets
	tacked on to the PR's audit trail.

--
Dirk Bergstrom               dirk@juniper.net
Juniper Networks Inc.,          Computer Geek

* Re: gnatsweb news
@ 2001-09-12  6:13 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-09-12  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dirk Bergstrom; +Cc: gnats-devel

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Dirk Bergstrom wrote:
> changelog for gnatsweb in the savannah.gnu.org CVS repository:

Please note that a couple of lines here a a bit too long; please (all
of us) let's try not to exceed 76 characters per line -- which is also
required by the GNU Coding Standards.

Gerald

* Gnatsweb 4 in beta
@ 2001-09-12  6:42   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-09-12  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel; +Cc: Gerald Pfeifer, Dirk Bergstrom

Gnatsweb 4 is now in beta, as version 3.99. All the features I planned to
implement are in there now, all known bugs are squashed and documentation
has been redone completely. I believe we have a solid and good piece of
software now, and I do not plan to make any major changes to it in the near
future. Below is the ChangeLog from the last few days.

I would like to thank everyone who have contributed so far. Keep up the
good work!

I'll check this version into the GNATS 4 CVS tree now.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

2001-09-12  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl: Various very minor changes to get rid of strict
           warnings.

         * gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Fix problems with 'open' and 'not
           closed' examples by switching to custom query format instead of
           sql2.

         * CUSTOMIZE.cb, CUSTOMIZE.vars: Update in accordance with the
           changes below.  Make layout a smidgen clearer.

         * gnatsweb.pl: Change $gnats_info_top to point to a page on
           sources which contains links to documentation for multiple
           versions of GNATS.

         * gnatsweb.pl (login_page): Add a callback which allows printing
           of a welcome message on the login page.
         - gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Use it.

2001-09-11  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl: Change $VERSION to 3.99. We're in beta now.

         * INSTALL: Include notes for upgraders.

         * gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Fix problems with query results table
           header row when using the 'open' and 'not closed' buttons.

         * gnatsweb.html: Fairly minor changes to reflect the way GNATS and
           Gnatsweb 4 work.

         * Makefile: Add new files to the OTHER_FILES macro.  Rewrite
           install target to back up old installations and to preserve the
           gnatsweb-site.pl file if already installed.  Remove references
           to gnatsweb-site-sente.pl.

2001-09-10  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb-site-sente.pl: Gone -- it was getting a bit long in the
           tooth and 2.x-specific.

         * gnatsweb-site-example.html: Fleshed out a bit.

         * CUSTOMIZE.cb: Callback documentation finished.

         * gnatsweb.pl (sendpr): Removed get_default_value callback hook.

2001-09-09  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (main): Support cmd callbacks.

         * CUSTOMIZE, CUSTOMIZE.vars: New documentation on how to customize
           Gnatsweb.

         * gnatsweb.pl: $global_cookie_expires was being defined twice.

         * Makefile (tarball, default, no-debug-statements): Misc. fixes.

         * gnatsweb.pl: $VERSION now global, so that we can use it in the
           Makefile.

         * gnatsweb.pl (client_init): Trap attempts to use a nonexisting
         $site_gnats_host.

         * README, TODO: Update for Gnatsweb 4.
         - INSTALL: Largely rewritten for Gnatsweb 4
         - gnatsweb-site.pl: Minimal local configuration file.
         - Makefile: Install gnatsweb-site.pl, not gnatsweb-site-sente.pl

2001-09-08  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (page_start_html): Reenable the button bar on the
           main page -- turns out users who are accustomed to it use it
           almost exclusively.

* Re: gnatsweb news
@ 2001-09-12  6:44   ` nick
From: nick @ 2001-09-12  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

What's the latest on gnats v4 and accompanying gnatsweb?  i've been
following the list for a few months now and the last update i saw
mentioned a possible august release.  (not to be pushy or anything ;) )

What's the feeling about the current stability of the CVS repository?

And lastly, it would be cool if we could link submitters to an external
source via a hyperlink; eg - the comments field in the submitters file
could contain a hyperlink to an LDAP interface and would display in
gnatsweb as such.  Maybe this is just an individual requirement though.
I'd do it myself, but i'm a python not perl person ;)

cheers, nick

PS, almost forgot:

gcc -c -I. -I. -I./../include  -g -O2 -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Werror
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-format
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DGNATSD_USER_ACCESS_FILE=\"/home/gnats/etc/gnats/gnatsd.access\"
-DGNATSD_HOST_ACCESS_FILE=\"/home/gnats/etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access\"
-DDEFAULT_GNATS_SERVICE=\"support\"
-DGLOBAL_DB_LIST_FILE=\"/home/gnats/etc/gnats/databases\"
-DGNATS_USER=\"gnats\" misc.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
misc.c: In function `read_line':
misc.c:347: warning: signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
misc.c:349: warning: signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
make[1]: *** [misc.o] Error 1

does this with gcc v2.96 (redhat 7.1) and v3.

* Re: gnatsweb news
@ 2001-09-12  6:48     ` nick
From: nick @ 2001-09-12  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

oops - seems i was just a minute or two too early with this question.
<:)

nick@brainstorm.co.uk wrote:

> What's the latest on gnats v4 and accompanying gnatsweb?  i've been
> following the list for a few months now and the last update i saw
> mentioned a possible august release.  (not to be pushy or anything ;) )
>
> What's the feeling about the current stability of the CVS repository?
>
> And lastly, it would be cool if we could link submitters to an external
> source via a hyperlink; eg - the comments field in the submitters file
> could contain a hyperlink to an LDAP interface and would display in
> gnatsweb as such.  Maybe this is just an individual requirement though.
> I'd do it myself, but i'm a python not perl person ;)
>
> cheers, nick
>
> PS, almost forgot:
>
> gcc -c -I. -I. -I./../include  -g -O2 -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Werror
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-format
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -DGNATSD_USER_ACCESS_FILE=\"/home/gnats/etc/gnats/gnatsd.access\"
> -DGNATSD_HOST_ACCESS_FILE=\"/home/gnats/etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access\"
> -DDEFAULT_GNATS_SERVICE=\"support\"
> -DGLOBAL_DB_LIST_FILE=\"/home/gnats/etc/gnats/databases\"
> -DGNATS_USER=\"gnats\" misc.c
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> misc.c: In function `read_line':
> misc.c:347: warning: signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
> misc.c:349: warning: signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
> make[1]: *** [misc.o] Error 1
>
> does this with gcc v2.96 (redhat 7.1) and v3.

--
Nick Bower, Intranet Developer
nick@brainstorm.co.uk

Brainstorm
388 - 396 Oxford St
London W1N 9EH
United Kingdom
Tel 020 7074 7000
Mob 0790 5405 443
Fax 020 7074 7070

http://www.brainstorm.co.uk

* Re: Gnatsweb 4 in beta
@ 2001-09-12 10:56     ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-09-12 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: gnats-devel, Dirk Bergstrom

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
> Gnatsweb 4 is now in beta, as version 3.99. All the features I planned to
> implement are in there now, all known bugs are squashed and documentation
> has been redone completely. I believe we have a solid and good piece of
> software now [...]

Excellent work, thanks!

> I'll check this version into the GNATS 4 CVS tree now.

We should try to resolve the issue of having two repositories at some
point, shouldn't we?

Gerald

* Re: Gnatsweb 4 in beta
@ 2001-09-13 10:33       ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-09-13 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gnats-devel

    GP> We should try to resolve the issue of having two repositories at
    GP> some point, shouldn't we?

I'm going to move GNATS to savannah at some point, the point is not too
far I think, let's say it might happen in October, before GNATS 4 going
beta.  After then the current CVS should be closed and there will be no
need to keep Gnatsweb in GNATS' CVS anymore.  I'd suggest to keep
checking in significant versions of Gnatsweb to the Gnatsweb repository
till then.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
Wasting somebody else's time strikes me as the height of rudeness.
						      Bill Gates

* Re: Gnatsweb 4 in beta
@ 2001-09-27  8:18         ` Hugo Gayosso
From: Hugo Gayosso @ 2001-09-27  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milan Zamazal; +Cc: Gerald Pfeifer, gnats-devel

* Gnatsweb news
@ 2001-07-15 10:56 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-07-15 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

Today's ChangeLog for Gnatsweb in the savannah.gnu.org CVS repository:

2001-07-15  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (parsepr): Strip leading space characters from each
           line of the attachments. Fixes attachment handling, which has
           been broken almost since GNATS 4.0 development started.

         * gnatsweb.pl (download_attachment): Insert a conditional to send
           the header based on HTTP_USER_AGENT. MS Internet Explorer 5.5
           would attempt to save downloaded attachments under the same name
           as the Gnatsweb script file, typically gnatsweb.pl. This is
           because MSIE handles the HTTP header "Content-Disposition:
           attachment" wrongly. It needs "file" instead of "attachment".

         * gnatsweb.pl (submitedit): Check whether fields that are
           specified in dbconfig as requiring a 'Reason Changed' have the
           reason specified.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer