Adam Cade wrote: > Is there any way to do a mass edit on the pr's?? > > (Editing the same field within a number of pr's) Yes. I wrote the attached script to change the Responsible: field of reports after a colleague left. It does a lot of checking on files and also on its arguments, but the trick is to create a little temporary file that does the replacement (using the UNIX editor "ed"), have $EDITOR point to it, and then call edit-pr for each report. (I used this idea for other purposes, too. E.g., when we were shifted from Siemens to Infineon I needed to adjust all our mail addresses, and I used the opportunity to also cleanup the X-GNATS-NOTIFY: lines from obsolete addresses.) Note that this still stems from the GNATS 3.11x times; the line pr_list=`awk ...` will not work with GNATS 4 (the index file is now a binary format). The line extracts those reports that belong to the old responsible and are not closed. But I think this should get you started. Have a nice weekend, Hans-Albert -- Hans-Albert Schneider Infineon Technologies AG phone: (+49) 89 234 45445 Corporate Logic; Verification fax: (+49) 89 234 724399 (CL DAT DF V) Munich, Germany