* gnats and gnatsweb problems
@ 2004-05-11 15:03 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2004-05-11 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hello

I have been using gnats for a while on my local machine.  I have been
using it through local command line, send-pr query-pr etc.  Lately I
have decided to add gnatsweb so that gnats can be accessed through a
browser.
My gnats was 3.999 and I have upgraded to 4.0.
I have downloaded gnatsweb-4.00.

I have run
 perl -MCPAN -e 'install CGI'
 perl -MCPAN -e 'install MIME::Base64'

with no problem.

When I run make test  I get the following:
connect...........................................FAIL

Gnatsweb was unable to connect to the GNATS server.

There are several possible reasons for this.  Start off by checking
that the USERNAME, PASSWORD and DATABASE parameters you supplied are
valid.  If they are, there may be a problem in the configuration of
your GNATS server.  Check your GNATS installation, particularly the
host access files (remember that the web server needs access to the
GNATS server), then run the tests again.

make: *** [test] Error 9
[david@lnx101 gnatsweb-4.00]$ telnet localhost 1529
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

gnatsd.host_access has the following:
*:listdb:
localhost:edit

gnatsd.user_access has the following:
gnats:*:admin

/etc/xinetd.d/support has the following:
service support
{
 disable = no
 socket_type = stream
 protocol = tcp
 wait = no
 user = gnats
 server = /usr/local/libexec/gnats/gnatsd
}

/etc/services has the following:
support        1529/tcp    prmsd gnatsd    # GNATS, cygnus bug tracker

To do a telnet to localhost works fine.

If I telnet to localhost 1529 I get the following:
[david@lnx101 gnatsweb-4.00]$ telnet localhost 1529
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
[david@lnx101 gnatsweb-4.00]$

/home/gnats/bash_profile is as follows:
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
       . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/libexec/gnats

export PATH
unset USERNAME

Where do I look next?
I am running on a Fedora 1.0.