* gnatsweb 4 Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2004-07-29 14:06 Steve Howard
From: Steve Howard @ 2004-07-29 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

I have done a default install of gnats 4 and gnatsweb 4 on Fedora core
1.

I have followed the install instructions to the letter.  I can telnet to
localhost 1529 and run the gnats help and all of the commands there.
Also I can see the gnats webpage and interact with it.  My problem is
when I go to submit a pr on the web page I get a Error "Unparseable
replay from gnatsd".   If I manually try and send a PR from the command
line I get an unable to send error.  I know both of them are picking up
on the database being there, because it is filling in all of the
defaults that I have set in my database.

If any one has any ideas or a better way to trace down the problem
please I need help.

Thank you,

Steve

* Re: gnatsweb 4 Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2004-07-29 14:37 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2004-07-29 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Howard; +Cc: help-gnats

Could you try to add the string "?debug=all" to the Gnatsweb URL so it
reads something like this:

http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?debug=all

Then post the resulting output to help-gnats. That way, we may be able
to help you.

Yngve Svendsen
GNU Gnatsweb maintainer

@ 2004-07-29 15:04   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2004-07-29 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Walstrom; +Cc: Steve Howard, help-gnats

Chad Walstrom wrote:

>Steve Howard wrote:
>

>>Thanks for the help, but I already fixed my problem.  I just used cvs
>>to pull the must current version and it worked perfectly.
>>

>Glad to hear it.  Sorry I didn't get your post approved sooner.  I've
>had a busy couple days at work.  Perhaps we can convince Yngve to
>release a new version of gnatsweb. ;-)

I'll have a look at it when I return from holiday in a week or so. I am
anxious to know if Steve was originally using the regular 4.0 release
versions of both GNATS and Gnatsweb. If so, there is some kind of
compatibility problem in there that we haven't heard of before.

- Yngve

* Re: gnatsweb 4 Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2004-07-29 15:01 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2004-07-29 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Howard; +Cc: help-gnats

That's good to hear. Were you originally using the regular 4.0 release

@ 2004-07-29 14:59 ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-07-29 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Howard; +Cc: help-gnats

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/

* RE: gnatsweb 4 Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2004-07-29 14:56 Steve Howard