* Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large
@ 2004-09-07 19:05 Horvath Peter
From: Horvath Peter @ 2004-09-07 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi,

I got this error message:
Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large

I use gnats and gnatsweb.
I think this problem is just a configuration problem but I can not find the
answare. How can I increase the size of attached file option.

Thank you

Peter Horvath
System Administrator
Hungary-1072
Budapest
Rakoczi Road 42. 10. floor
E-mail: peter.horvath@mithis.hu
Web: www.mithis.hu
Fax: +36 1 2681301

* Re: Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large
@ 2004-09-17 14:58 ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-09-17 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Horvath Peter; +Cc: help-gnats

Horvath Peter wrote:
> I got this error message:
> Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large

You know, I've looked in the gnats 4.0 for "Request" and "entity" and
haven't found either string.  Unfortunately, it seems that savannah has
yet again fouled up my cvs-over-ssh access.

> I use gnats and gnatsweb.  I think this problem is just a
> configuration problem but I can not find the answare. How can I
> increase the size of attached file option.

Not sure. ;-)  I'll look into it.  Have you found anything since you
last posted this?

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/

* Re: Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large
@ 2004-09-17 16:54   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2004-09-17 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Chad Walstrom wrote:

>Horvath Peter wrote:
>

>>I got this error message:
>>Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large
>>

>You know, I've looked in the gnats 4.0 for "Request" and "entity" and
>haven't found either string.  Unfortunately, it seems that savannah has
>yet again fouled up my cvs-over-ssh access.

This is an error message from the web server, not from GNATS. Basically,
the request that goes from the browser to the web server contains more
data than the web server has been configured to receive at once. If your
web server is running Apache, this should be possible to to fix by using
the LimitRequestFieldsize directive in httpd.conf, see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#limitrequestfieldsize for
details.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

* Re: Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large
@ 2004-09-19 15:41   ` Peter Horvath
From: Peter Horvath @ 2004-09-19 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

I haven't got any answer and haven't found any helpful documentation on the
net.
So if you have some  information please send it to me.

thank you
Peter Horvath

* Re: Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large
@ 2004-09-20 15:29     ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2004-09-20 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Horvath; +Cc: help-gnats

I believe I did answer you a couple of days ago. Anyway, this is qhat I
sent: