* Gnatsweb 4 ChangeLog
@ 2001-08-08  6:06 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-08-08  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

Major work has been done on Gnatsweb in the last few weeks, and several
much-requested features have been added (a top-of-the-page navigation bar
and logout functionality among them). I believe that we're now almost
feature-complete with respect to what I plan to put into Gnatsweb 4.0. The
current version number is now 3.97. Please note that this version of
Gnatsweb will only work with GNATS 4.

Gnatsweb development is hosted at the savannah.gnu.org CVS repository, but
since version 3.97 represents a bit of a milestone, it has also been
committed to the contrib directory of the head branch of the GNATS
repository at sources.redhat.com. See http://sources.redhat.com/gnats/ for
further information on how to get GNATS 4 from CVS.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

ChangeLog since last posting to this list about two weeks ago:

2001-08-08  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl: ($VERSION): Change to 3.97 -- we're nearly
           4.0 feature-complete now.

         * gnatsweb.pl: Replace the Login Again functionality with a Log
           Out function:
         - Replace all occurences of "login again" with "logout".
         - (main_page): Change the "Login Again" label to "Log Out / Change
           Database".
         - (cmd_logout): New subroutine. Clears the db_prefs cookie and
           redirects the user to the login page.
         - (main): Call cmd_logout instead of going directly to login_page.

         * gnatsweb.pl: Add a navigation bar just below the page banner:
         - $site_button_background and $site_button_foreground. New
           variables initialized to black and white resp.
         - (page_start_html): Rewrite to display button bar and generally
           clean up the code, with clearer style declarations.
         - (login_page): Call page_start_html with an additional parameter
           set to '1'. Prevents the button bar from being displayed on this
           page.

2001-08-07  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (download_attachment): Fix a syntax error which
         prevented attachment downloading from working properly.

         * Cleanup to get rid of strict warnings:
         gnatsweb.pl: Change initial definition of
         $no_create_without_access from undef to ''.
         - (submitedit, main, mark_urls, display_query_results, unparsepr):
           Add some || '' constructs. Fixes a bunch of 'uninitialized
           value' warnings.
         - (param2field): Correctly translate 'PR' to 'Number'.  Remove
           warn statement as it makes little sense with GNATS 4
           configurable fields.

2001-07-26  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (display_query_results): Use cellspacing 0 and
           cellpadding 1. Makes table a tad more readable.

         * gnatsweb.pl (page_start_html): Redesign the banner. Different
         typeface, different size. This is done so that we no longer need
         to keep separate styles based on browser and platform - things
         will look fairly similar across the board.
         - Also, we now print user and access level info in the banner
         itself, along with the database name.
         - (page_heading): Stop printing user and access level info in the
         heading (it now appears in the banner). We now print the page
         heading inside a simple <H1>, instead of in a table. This makes
         for cleaner HTML and less space between heading and page content.
         - Remove the third parameter in calls to page_heading. This used
         to control whether to print user and access info in the page
         heading.

* Gnatsweb 4 ChangeLog
@ 2001-07-23  7:34 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-07-23  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

This is the last week's ChangeLog from the CVS repository at
savannah.gnu.org for what will become Gnatsweb 4.0.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

2001-07-18  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (view, edit): Removed the check for non-digit
         characters introduced below. It is no longer needed since we now
         treat CODE_NO_PRS_MATCHED as an error.

         * gnatsweb.pl (store_query): Add checking of query name before we
         attempt to store it. According to
         http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html , cookie
         names must not contain commas, semicolons or spaces, and they must
         not be blank.

         * gnatsweb.pl: New variables $print_header_done,
         $page_start_html_done and $page_heading_done to be used to
         ensure that we don't print headers, headings and banners twice.
         (print_header, page_start_html, page_heading): Use these
         variables.
         - All direct calls to CGI.pm's header function replaced by calls
           to print_header.
         - (gerror): Rewritten to output headers, heading and banner.
         - (get_reply): We now treat the return code CODE_NO_PRS_MATCHED as
           an error. Otherwise, users would be able to edit nonexistent
           PRs. This has the unfortunate side-effect of outputting an error
           when there are no matches to a query, but I consider that a
           small price to pay. Tweaked error code formatting.
         - (popup_or_scrolling_menu): Inserted missing '!' in if statement.
         - (edit): Switched order of page_heading and readpr.

2001-07-16  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (page_heading): Use -nowrap=>'1' instead of plain
           nowrap to avoid silly CGI.pm messages in the error_log.

         * gnatsweb.pl (error_page): New subroutine which replaces the
         local err_sub routine used in submitedit. We want all error
         reporting to be done through this subroutine, since it gives us
         a consistent look.

         * gnatsweb.pl (popup_or_scrolling_menu): Check if $string is
         defined by using 'if defined' instead of a numeric comparison.

        * gnatsweb.pl (advanced_query_page): Add a line below 'Closed
         After' and 'Closed Before' reminding users to uncheck 'Ignore
         Closed'. Added a little bit of vertical space between tables.
         Ported from 2.x branch.

         * gnatsweb.pl (view, edit): Add a check for non-digit characters
         in PR numbers. If such characters are found, an appropriate error
         message is issued. gnatsd will actually accept PR numbers on the
         format string/xxxx, where xxxx is a number,  and return the
         appropriate PR. However, when edits are submitted to such a PR, a
         new PR with the "number" 'string/xxxx' would be created, with the
         same category as the original PR. This is a workaround for that
         problem. Ported from 2.x branch.

         * gnatsweb.pl: (page_heading): Set the width of the table
         containing the page heading and database, username and access
         level to 100%. Opera would display a too narrow table when the
         width wasn't explicitly set.

         * gnatsweb.pl (main): Add an explicit link to the automatic
         redirection page. Fix due to Mark Kuchel. Ported from 2.x branch.

         * gnatsweb.pl (login_page_javascript): Use correct <SCRIPT
         LANGUAGE>.

         * gnatsweb.pl (submitquery): If there's a query name, include it
         in the page heading. Ported from 2.x branch.

         * gnatsweb.pl (store_query): Gnatsweb will no longer allow you to
         store a query if this would result in more than 20 cookies.
         Otherwise random cookies get dropped and things start acting
         weird. 20 is a magical number as defined in
         http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html . Ported from
         2.x branch.

         * gnatsweb-pl (display_query_results): Added a 'View for
         bookmarking' link, which reloads the same query so that you can
         bookmark it in your browser. Ported from 2.x branch.

         * gnatsweb.pl (submitedit): Modifying the CC list (X-GNATS-Notify
         header) was not working if X-GNATS-Notify existed but was empty.
         Problem turned out to be a couple of extraneous spaces in the
         field substitution regexps.

         * gnatsweb.pl: Change the example value of $site_mail_domain from
         @juniper.net to something nonexistent.

         * Implement redirects after edits (ported from 2.x branch):

         gnatsweb.pl (get_pr_url): New subroutine. Returns a URL which
         will take one to the specified $pr and with a specified $cmd.
         (get_editpr_url, get_viewpr_url): Rewrite to use get_pr_url.
         (get_script_name): New subroutine. Same as script_name(), but
         includes 'database=xxx' parameter.
         (view, edit): Pass hidden variable return_url.
         (submitedit): New local subroutine err_sub. Makes it easier to
         postpone calling print_header. Rewrite all error messages in
         submitedit to use this routine.
         (submitedit): After submitting edits, users are now redirected
         back to the page where they were before the edit.
         (display_query_results): Change to use get_viewpr_url and
         get_editpr_url so that we get the return_url parameter as part of
         the URL.
         (print_header): New subroutine. Print HTTP header unless it's been
         printed already.
         (main): Don't call header() before calling submitedit(). Let
         submitedit itself take care of printing the headers it needs.

2001-07-15  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * test.pl: Don't use 'diff -u' during 'make test'; not everyone
         has GNU diff. Ported from 2.x branch.

         * gnatsweb.pl (decode_attachment): Fix a problem where attachments
         containing a double newline in the body would be truncated
         during decoding. Fix due to Omar Rashad.