* gnats.lock file is created and core file is generated.
@ 2003-01-23  3:04 Rajesh K Rajaram
From: Rajesh K Rajaram @ 2003-01-23  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hello All,

We recently added another database ( fourth one) in GNATS for our company.
The problem is everytime a PR is submitted there is "core file" created on
/gnats-queue and "gnats.lock file"  on /gnats-adm directory. I belive
submitter file is mismatching and it generates the core file. I'm not
positive about that!!!

Anyways my questions are
1) Is there a way I can debug "core" file or "lock" file to find exactly
what is the problem.
2) I'm enclosing "aliase file" and "submitter file" along this email.

Thanks and your reply would be higly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh

“This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential,
or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto)
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original
and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto."

[-- Attachment #2: aliases --]

#
#	@(#)aliases	8.2 (Berkeley) 3/5/94
#
#  Aliases in this file will NOT be expanded in the header from
#  Mail, but WILL be visible over networks or from /bin/mail.
#
#	>>>>>>>>>>	The program "newaliases" must be run after
#	>> NOTE >>	this file is updated for any changes to
#	>>>>>>>>>>	show through to sendmail.
#

# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
mailer-daemon:	postmaster
postmaster:	root

## Gnats stuud, see http://www.gigascale.org
## Rajesh

# General redirections for pseudo accounts.
gnats-admin:     root
#bug-q:          "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q"
bug-log:        /bug/bugs.log
bugs_spatial:           "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/"
parker -gnats: bugs
query-pr:       "|/usr/local/libexec/gnats/mail-query"

CDMA-gnats: CDMA
customer_spatial:  "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats/CDMA-db/"
CDMA-log:        /bug/bugs.log
CDMA: customer_spatial, CDMA-log

Development-gnats: DEV
development_spatial:  "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats/DEV_db/"
DEV-log:        /bug/bugs.log
DEV: development_spatial, DEV-log

Dmsc-gnats: DMSC
dmsc_spatial:  "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q -d /usr/local/share/gnats/DMSC_db/"
DMSC-log:        /bug/bugs.log
DMSC: dmsc_spatial, DMSC-log

dweeks:		dweeks@webmail.spatialwireless.com
bin:		root
daemon:		root
adm:		root
lp:		root
sync:		root
shutdown:	root
halt:		root
mail:		root
news:		root
uucp:		root
operator:	root
games:		root
gopher:		root
ftp:		root
nobody:		root
apache:		root
named:		root
xfs:		root
gdm:		root
mailnull:	root
postgres:	root
squid:		root
rpcuser:	root
rpc:		root

ingres:		root
system:		root
toor:		root
manager:	root
dumper:		root
abuse:		root

newsadm:	news
newsadmin:	news
usenet:		news
ftpadm:		ftp
ftpadmin:	ftp
ftp-adm:	ftp
ftp-admin:	ftp

# trap decode to catch security attacks
decode:		root

# Person who should get root's mail
#root:		marc

[-- Attachment #3: submitters --]

#
#		    submitters database for GNATS
#
# Any line which begins with a `#' is considered a comment, and GNATS
# will ignore it.
#
# Each entry has the format:
#
#	submitter:full submitter name:type:response-time:contact:notify-others
#
#	* submitter: The name of the site, customer, etc., sending the
#	  report in.
#	* full submitter name: The description, like `Foo Widgets Inc.'.
#	* submitter type: Can be contract type, level of expertise, etc.
#	* response time: If configured with `NOTIFY' set to `TRUE', GNATS
#	  will use this field to schedule when at_pr should notify the
#	  gnats-admin and gnats-manager that the PR wasn't analyzed
#	  within the agreed response time.
#	* contact: Principal contact for the submitter.
#	* notify: Others who should be Cc'd on any PRs coming from
#	  this submitter.
#
#
# The following submitter is mandatory for GNATS to work.
# The submitter field should be the same as your configured DEFAULT_SUBMITTER.
#
#unknown:The Unknown Submitter:none:-1:gnats-admin:
#
# Sample submitters:
#
# For the submitter `foo', we will know that they have a "six-month"
# contract, and that `joe' is the person who should worry about PRs
# coming from Foo Widgets Inc.  There is no reply-time.
#foo:Foo Widgets Inc.:six-month::joe:
#
# For the submitter `dod', they have a "DARPA" contract and `bill' is
# to be given a copy of the PR, in addition to whomever might be
# responsible for the category the PR was filed under.  There is a
# four-hour response time, and that `al' should also get a copy of the PR.
#dod:Department of Defense:DARPA:4:bill:al
#
# A `test' submitter, for send-pr and general GNATS testing.
#test:Test Non-Submitter:test:1:gnats-admin:
#
# Any Problem reslated to testing ------Define about testing and goal
#
#jai: Testing Team: Spatial Wireless::raj:
#
#sanjay: Testing Team : Spatial Wireless::raj:
#
Roby::Spatial Wireless:1::
Jeff::Spatial Wireless:1::
Rong::Spatial Wireless:1::
Qishen::Spatial Wireless:1::
Yaming::Spatial Wireless:1::
sthakrar::Spatial Wireless:1::
skohli::Spatial Wireless:1::
Bvyas::Spatial Wireless:1::
Rasik::Spatial Wireless1:1::
sameer::Spatial Wireless:1::
Mukti::Spatial Wireless:1::
chuong::Spatial Wireless:1::
Meng::Spatial Wireless1:1::
Phil::Spatial Wireless:1::
Adel::Spatial Wireless:1::
isingh::Spatial Wireless:1::
iwadhwa::Spatial Wireless:1::
wpilip::Spatial Wireless:1::
Jp::Spatial Wireless:1::

* Re: gnats.lock file is created and core file is generated.
@ 2003-01-23  8:25 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-01-23  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajesh K Rajaram, help-gnats

At 21:00 22.01.2003 -0600, Rajesh K Rajaram wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>We recently added another database ( fourth one) in GNATS for our company.
>The problem is everytime a PR is submitted there is "core file" created on
>/gnats-queue and "gnats.lock file"  on /gnats-adm directory. I belive
>submitter file is mismatching and it generates the core file. I'm not
>positive about that!!!
>
>Anyways my questions are
>1) Is there a way I can debug "core" file or "lock" file to find exactly
>what is the problem.

Yes, the core file can be used for debugging. I would much rather recommend
that you look in some of the obvious places first, though. You should
especially look carefully through your categories file and see if any of
the entries have a missing field. Simply counting the number of colons (:)
in each line should be enough. Missing fields in that file is the most
common reason for a coredumping queue-pr/file-pr.

Yngve Svendsen