From: Milan Zamazal <pdm@zamazal.org>
To: Wes Barris <wes@networkcs.com>
Cc: gnats-devel@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gnats compiling error
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:48:00 -0000	[thread overview]

    WB> It appears that a string is too long for gcc on Redhat 7:

Sigh!  Thanks for the report.

    GP> Nevertheless, I'd consider this a GNATS bug (either this, or the
    GP> use of -Werror) which should be fixed.

I don't consider the -Werror option a bug, thus the string should be
fixed.  I don't have access to the standard and gcc 2.95.3 (which I use)
compiles the file without any complaints so could someone provide me
more details about that thing please?  Is it sufficient to simply split
the long string into several strings via string concatenation

?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
Here is my advice, don't try to program the bleeding edge for the
general populace unless you really, really, really like migraines.