* config : ACKNOWLEDGE=1
@ 2002-07-25 10:48 Mike Hogsett
From: Mike Hogsett @ 2002-07-25 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

I have ACKNOWLEDGE=1 in /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/config
but ack mail doesn't appear to be getting sent.

How can I debug this?

The submitter will recieve mail if I edit the pr, but not the ack.

Thanks

  - Mike Hogsett

* Re: config : ACKNOWLEDGE=1
@ 2002-07-26  7:04 ` Rainer Schenk
From: Rainer Schenk @ 2002-07-26  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Hogsett, help-gnats

On Friday 12 July 2002 01:45, Mike Hogsett wrote:
> I have ACKNOWLEDGE=1 in
> /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/config but ack mail doesn't
> appear to be getting sent.
>
> How can I debug this?
>
> The submitter will recieve mail if I edit the pr, but not the ack.

We have the same problem here, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rainer Schenk

* Re: config : ACKNOWLEDGE=1
@ 2002-07-28 12:24   ` Mike Hogsett
From: Mike Hogsett @ 2002-07-28 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schenk; +Cc: Mike Hogsett, help-gnats

Well I upgraded to GNATS 3.999.1 and had the same problems.  What I could
figure out was that if the PR is not in the correct format it places the
PR in the *default* queue (by default this is pending, it is the first
listed in the categories file).  If this happens it does not send the
auto-reply and only sends to gnats-admin and the responsible for the
queue.

In function createNewPRFile() in file file-pr.c near line
374 I commented out

   */
   if (strcmp (category->admFields[CategoryAdmKey],
	defaultCategory (database)) != 0)
	{
   */

and

  /*
    else
    {
    composeMailMessage (pr, NULL, "initial-pr-notification-pending",
    NULL, bad_fields, err);
  */

so that it treated mail going to the default queue the same as that going
to other queues.

> On Friday 12 July 2002 01:45, Mike Hogsett wrote:
> > I have ACKNOWLEDGE=1 in
> > /usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/config but ack mail doesn't
> > appear to be getting sent.
> >
> > How can I debug this?
> >
> > The submitter will recieve mail if I edit the pr, but not the ack.
> >

> We have the same problem here, any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Rainer Schenk

* Re: config : ACKNOWLEDGE=1
@ 2002-07-29  1:00     ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2002-07-29  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Hogsett; +Cc: schenk, Mike Hogsett, help-gnats

    MH> Well I upgraded to GNATS 3.999.1 and had the same problems.
    MH> What I could figure out was that if the PR is not in the correct
    MH> format it places the PR in the *default* queue (by default this
    MH> is pending, it is the first listed in the categories file).  If
    MH> this happens it does not send the auto-reply and only sends to
    MH> gnats-admin and the responsible for the queue.

    MH> In function createNewPRFile() in file file-pr.c near line 374 I
    MH> commented out

Isn't it better to add the submitter address to the
"initial-pr-notification-pending" entry in dbconfig, similarly as
"initial-pr-notification" is set?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
The rush to reproduce Microsofts window environment seems to overshadow the
design process of determining what a window environment should be, and what its