Hi, I have cobbled something into gnatsweb to support an approval system through emails. Firstly I edited the dbconfig file fairly heavily so that gnatsweb sends HTML emails. The main mail that is sent out is whenever there is an audit trail change. In our local Gnats DB we have a state "awaiting-approval" as well as "approved" and a few other new ones. For each possible state I create a separate DIV in the HTML mail and use inline CSS style to say which one is displayed. This is controlled with CSS lines in the dbconfig like div { display: none }\n\ div.%s { display: inline }\n\ and the format element used is 'State'. In the "awaiting-approval" state, the mail contains two big buttons for Accept / Reject which the originator can click on. This uses an additional field in the Gnats link to bypass the normal login and use an account which has edit access. This required a small hack to gnatsweb.pl. The link I use is h**p://someserver/cgi-bin/gnats/gnatsweb.pl/1?submittype=mail&pr=%s&cmd= submit edit&State=approved&database=default&State-Changed-Why=%s email_approval It is the "submittype=mail" field that I use to bypass the login. I know that this provides a potential edit backdoor, but Gnats security is not great anyway and I trust my users who are all local :-) Cheesey, but it works! Andy. I have attached my dbconfig if you want to see what I have done. You will have to add your own images.