* restricting close PR
@ 2005-02-16 14:46 Jim Prowak
From: Jim Prowak @ 2005-02-16 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

With gnats-web, is there a way to restrict the ability to close PRs to a
certain user?

thanks,

Jim
Jim Prowak Voice(585) 899-4306
National Semiconductor                                      Fax (585)
899-4320
1000 Pittsford-Victor Rd.
Pittsford, N.Y. 14534
 jim.prowak@nsc.com

* Re: restricting close PR
@ 2005-02-19  5:16 ` Mel Hatzis
From: Mel Hatzis @ 2005-02-19  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: McFarland, Ken; +Cc: Jim Prowak, help-gnats

McFarland, Ken wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Without making perl change in gnatsweb.pl I don't think thing there is
> support for this today.   However, you could do something like this in your
> dbconfig file.  It's not pretty, but would probably work....but you'll
> need to keep an updated list of people not allowed to close a PR in
> here  (not
> a great solution)  I don't to this exactly, but do change other fields
> based on certain state changes.  I didn't try this, but tweaked mine a
> bit for
> this example.... I think this would work for you to block say user
> kmcfarla from closing a PR.
>
> fwiw
>
> field "State" {
>     builtin-name "state"
>     description "The current state of the PR"
>     enumerated-in-file {
>         path "states"
>         fields { "state" "type" "description" }
>         key "state"
>         default "open"
>     }
>     textsearch
>
>     on-change {
>         # Add Audit-Trail entries when this field changes.
>         add-audit-trail
>         # Require that a reason be supplied when this field is edited.
>         require-change-reason
>     }
>

>     #
>     # Change State back to its original setting for the following users
> aren't allowed to Close a PR
>     #
>     on-change "(oldpr:State[type]==\"open\") & (Originator==\"kmcfarla\")" {
>
>                 set-field "State" {
>                         oldpr:State
>                 }
>     }
> }

Actually, a better way to do this would be to extend the set of metadata
fields in the responsible file with an additional datapoint...call it
the 'allowed-to-close' field. So your responsible file would look
something like:

gnats-admin:GNATS administrator:foo@bar.org:N
foo:Foo User:foo@bar.org:N
bar:Bar User:bar@bar.org:Y
baz:Baz User:baz@bar.org:N
etc.

You'll need to tweak your dbconfig file and update the definition of
the 'Responsible' field along these lines too.

Once you've done this, you can use the following type of on-change
clause:

   on-change "(oldpr:state[type]==\"open\") &\
              (state[type]==\"closed\") &\
              (responsible[allowed-to-close]==\"N\")" {
                  set-field "State" { "%s" "$OldValue" }
              }

Note that I haven't tested this, but it ought to work.
Let me know if you have trouble with it.

--
Mel Hatzis

* restricting close PR
@ 2005-02-17 21:32 Jim Prowak