* GNATS copyright holder?
@ 2001-02-25 10:10 Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-02-25 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Headers in most GNATS files say that the files are copyrighted by FSF.
However this is not true, the copyright has not been transferred to FSF.
I should fix the copyright lines in the files, but I don't know who is
their actual copyright holder.  The authors can be found from
ChangeLogs, but I don't know whether they hold the copyright personally
or whether the copyright belongs to their employers (this applies
especially to Cygnus).  Contacting all the authors would be for several
reasons quite impractical.

Can anybody provide me information about this?  Is the work done by
people with @cygnus.com e-mails copyrighted by Cygnus or by the
individual authors?

Thanks for any information regarding this.

Milan Zamazal

--
SomeProgrammersLikeWritingLikeThis.However,IDontThinkThisFormOfCommunicationIs\
AGoodIdea.IApologizeToAllWhoCantReadMyTextsWrittenInAClassicStyle.

* Re: GNATS copyright holder?
@ 2001-03-08 15:31 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-03-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel, Milan Zamazal

On 25 Feb 2001, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> Can anybody provide me information about this?  Is the work done by
> people with @cygnus.com e-mails copyrighted by Cygnus or by the
> individual authors?

Perhaps you could ask Jason Molenda or
Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>, both of which have been working
for Cygnus/Red Hat and also involved with GNATS?

HTH,
Gerald

* Re: GNATS copyright holder?
@ 2001-03-11 10:47   ` Milan Zamazal