* Proposal for a Gnats 3.114 release
@ 2001-05-04 14:34 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-04 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel; +Cc: Milan Zamazal, Gerald Pfeifer

Gnats 4 will take some time still, as far as I can see. Therefore, I would
like to propose that we reease the current tip of the v3 tree as Gnats
3.114. A "wrapup release" of Gnats 3 would complement Gnatsweb 2.8.0
perfectly, I think.

Fixes for the following bugs have been committed after the 3.113 release:
- gnatsd used to crash when a 'classes' file contained a large number of
classes.
- Fixed to gnats.el
- When the X-GNATS-Notify: field is present but empty, gnatsd segfaults
- Some added timezones.

And the chief reason that I want a 3.114 release: The data loss bug
described in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gnats-devel/2001-q2/msg00058.html . We have
been running the latest Gnats 3 CVS, plus the fix detailed in the posting
above for a week in full production, and have seen absolutely no problems.

Milan: I am ready to take on the task of committing the fix above, packing
the new release (with Gnatsweb 2.8.0), uploading and announcing it.

What do you all think?

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway