public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: gnats/316: send-pr fails
@ 2001-10-29 14:42 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-10-29 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: smp, pdm-gnats, gnats-prs, bug-gnats, help-gnats

smp@ncoastsoft.com wrote:
> send-pr appears to not have picked up the correct directories and is
> using some default value.
Unfortunately, the single thing that still needs updating in the GNATS 4
manual is the treatment of send-pr.   Send-pr now uses a file called
send-pr.conf, by default located in /usr/local/etc/gnats, to set the
value of certain variables.

If nobody else picks this up, I'll update the manual in a week or so. In
the meantime, you could have a look at the send-pr script itself. In
there, you'll find several variables with default values that you
probably need to change. You should set the desired values by creating
the send-pr.conf file - values set there override the values set in the
script itself.

Yngve Svendsen
GNATS doc guy

* gnats/316: send-pr fails
@ 2001-10-29  6:14 smp
From: smp @ 2001-10-29  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pdm-gnats, gnats-prs, bug-gnats

>Number:         316
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       send-pr fails
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
GNU/Linux RedHat 7.2, HP LC2000
I ran configure like so:

./configure --prefix=/home/nyhost.net --with-gnats-user=nyhost.net --with-gnatsd-user-access-file=/home/nyhost.net/etc/gnats/gnatsd.access  --with-gnatsd-user-access-file=/home/nyhost.net/etc/gnats/gnatsd_host.access  --with-gnats-default-db=/home/nyhost.net/db

I did this so we could host it on one of our virtual servers. However when I submit a new PR via send-pr, when I type send I get two errors, one for each responsible person:
a)bort, e)dit or s)end? send
sh: /usr/local/libexec/gnats/mail-agent: No such file or directory
sh: /usr/local/libexec/gnats/mail-agent: No such file or directory
send-pr: problem report filed

it appears to not have picked up the correctd directories and is using some default value.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Unknown