public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* gnats/220: can't edit
@ 2001-07-14 15:14 me
From: me @ 2001-07-14 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-gnats; +Cc: ss

>Number:         220
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       can't edit
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Jul 14 15:14:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     me
>Release:        unknown-1.0
I can't check editing ability to ensure only creater and admin can edit / delete.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: gnats/220: can't edit
@ 2001-08-03 14:50 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-08-03 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, me, nobody, ss

Synopsis: can't edit

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Fri Aug  3 14:50:15 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    GNATS permissions are not that granular. You either give users full edit access to all PRs, or you deny the edit access. There is currently no way to single out the creator of a PR and allow him or her edit access only to that specific PR.

    I do agree that this is a useful and desirable feature, and I will keep this PR open as

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=220&database=gnats