public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: gnatsweb/228: Internal Server Error when "submit edit"
@ 2001-08-19 17:14 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-08-19 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngves; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/228; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: sekigawa@neo.shinko.co.jp, gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Cc: sudheesh@softjin.com
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/228: Internal Server Error when "submit edit"
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:18:51 +0200

 I think your problem may be caused by the GNATS database being locked. Such
 a lock might be left after running gen-index, for instance. Look for a file
 called gnats.lock in the gnats-adm directories of your databases and delete it.

 Gnatsweb should catch this, and I have identified the problem. However, I
 don't plan to do any more work on Gnatsweb 2.x unless more serious bugs
 surface. I believe that Gnats and Gnatsweb 4 aren't suffering from this
 problem.

 Please let me know how this turns out.

 Yngve Svendsen
 Gnatsweb maintainer

@ 2001-08-21  6:02 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-08-21  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, sekigawa, sudheesh, yngves

Synopsis: Internal Server Error when "submit edit"

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Tue Aug 21 06:02:17 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Turned out to be faulty code inserted into gnatsweb.pl by Originator

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=228&database=gnats

* Re: gnatsweb/228: Internal Server Error when "submit edit"
@ 2001-08-21  3:04 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-08-21  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngves; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/228; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: Kazunari Sekigawa <sekigawa@neo.shinko.co.jp>,
        gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, sudheesh@softjin.com
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:55:54 +0200

 At 13:10 21.08.2001 +0900, Kazunari Sekigawa wrote:
 >Dear Yngve Svendsen,
 >
 >This is a follow-up regarding my PR.
 >I finally got the reason. In fact, I accidentally inserted some buggy
 >code to the original perl script and believed that I had removed them,
 >hence, the error.
 >Sorry for making such a trouble.
 >Now everything is working fine.
 >Hence, please close this PR.

 Good to hear that you've go things working!

 Regards,

 Yngve

* Re: gnatsweb/228: Internal Server Error when "submit edit"
@ 2001-08-20 21:14 Kazunari Sekigawa
From: Kazunari Sekigawa @ 2001-08-20 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngves; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/228; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kazunari Sekigawa <sekigawa@neo.shinko.co.jp>
To: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>,
        gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, sudheesh@softjin.com
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:10:44 +0900

 Dear Yngve Svendsen,

 This is a follow-up regarding my PR.
 I finally got the reason. In fact, I accidentally inserted some buggy
 code to the original perl script and believed that I had removed them,
 hence, the error.
 Sorry for making such a trouble.
 Now everything is working fine.
 Hence, please close this PR.

 Thanks and best regards,
 K. Sekigawa

@ 2001-08-20  4:14 Kazunari Sekigawa
From: Kazunari Sekigawa @ 2001-08-20  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngves; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/228; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kazunari Sekigawa <sekigawa@neo.shinko.co.jp>
To: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
Cc: gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, sudheesh@softjin.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:05:03 +0900

 Thank you for your reply.

@ 2001-08-19 14:18 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-08-19 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, sekigawa, sudheesh, yngves

Synopsis: Internal Server Error when "submit edit"

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Sun Aug 19 14:18:24 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    GNATS database probably locked. Advised user to delete gnats.lock.

@ 2001-08-16  0:58 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-08-16  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, nobody, sekigawa, sudheesh, yngves

Synopsis: Internal Server Error when "submit edit"

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->yngves
Responsible-Changed-By: yngves
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Aug 16 00:58:21 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Will try to investigate

@ 2001-07-31 23:24 sekigawa
From: sekigawa @ 2001-07-31 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)