public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: gnats/196: Not able to edit PRs
@ 2001-08-22 17:05 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-08-22 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, m_venkateshkumar, nobody, yngves

Synopsis: Not able to edit PRs

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->yngves
Responsible-Changed-By: yngves
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Aug 22 17:05:36 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I'll try to figure this one out.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=196&database=gnats

* Re: gnats/196: Not able to edit PRs
@ 2001-09-12 15:29 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-09-12 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, m_venkateshkumar, yngves

Synopsis: Not able to edit PRs

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Wed Sep 12 15:29:34 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    No feedback received.

@ 2001-08-23  5:14 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-08-23  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngves; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnats/196; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: m_venkateshkumar@mindtree.com,gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gnats/196: Not able to edit PRs
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:09:07 +0200

 At 06:20 23.05.2001 +0000, m_venkateshkumar@mindtree.com wrote:
 >I've created some PRs in various categories. The files reside with these
 >permissions:
 >-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root         1211 May 16 17:14 67
 >
 >But, when I do an edit-pr 67, I get the following response from the
 >edit-pr program. :
 >pr-edit: Invalid PR pending/67.
 >

 >The PR resides in the GCCS directory, not the pending directory.
 >My default submitter is root in the config file.
 >Another strange thing is that in the same directory, i have another PR
 >with number 66, with the SAME permissions
 >I am able to edit and modify 66, but not 67. This is just an example - its
 >happening to many other PRs as well.
 >
 >What could be the problem?
 >I'm attaching my categories file for reference.

 Are you still seeing this problem? I am fairly certain that this is due to
 your configuration, since the permissions and ownership of the file
 mentioned above looks highly suspicious.

 Yngve Svendsen
 Gnatsweb maintainer

* gnats/196: Not able to edit PRs
@ 2001-05-22 23:24 m_venkateshkumar
From: m_venkateshkumar @ 2001-05-22 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-gnats

>Number:         196
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       Not able to edit PRs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue May 22 23:24:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Net
>Release:        unknown-1.0
I've created some PRs in various categories. The files reside with these permissions:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root         1211 May 16 17:14 67

But, when I do an edit-pr 67, I get the following response from the edit-pr program. :
pr-edit: Invalid PR pending/67.

The PR resides in the GCCS directory, not the pending directory.
My default submitter is root in the config file.
Another strange thing is that in the same directory, i have another PR with number 66, with the SAME permissions
I am able to edit and modify 66, but not 67. This is just an example - its happening to many other PRs as well.

What could be the problem?
I'm attaching my categories file for reference.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
----gnatsweb-attachment----

#		    Possible categories for a PR.
#
# Any line which begins with a `#' is considered a comment, and GNATS
# will ignore it.
#
# Each entry has the format:
#
# 	category:description:responsible:notify
#
# * `category' is the name of the classification for the PR.
# * `description' can be a normal text description for the
#   category, like "Development Tools" for the `tools' category.
# * `responsible' gives the name (which can be found in the remote
#   file) of the person who will be given responsibility for any PR
#   appearing in this category.
# * `notify' are other email addresses which should be given copies of
#    any PR in this category.
#
# The following category is mandatory for GNATS to work.
#
pending:Category for faulty PRs:gnats-admin:
#
# Sample categories:
#
doc:Documentation Bug:jeffrey:pesch
gcc:The GNU C compiler:wilson:tiemann
g++:The GNU C++ compiler:brendan:tiemann, mrs
#test:*Test Category:gnats-admin:

# Added by Venki for local project usage
# Format is category:description:responsible:notify

#
# Categories belonging to the GCCS project
#
SIP: SIP Module of GCCS project: mayank: shashi,mayank
MGCP: MGCP Module of GCCS project: prasad: shashi,prasad
SCL: SCL Module of GCCS project: imran: shashi,imran
InterWorking: InterWorking : shashi: shashi,prasad,mayank,imran

#
# Categories belonging to the SIP User Agent project
#
Registration: Registration Module of SIP UA: philip,dhanya: shashi,philip,dhanya,priya
Transaction: Transaction Module of SIP UA: dhanya: shashi,dhayna,priya
Parser: Parser Module of SIP UA: prakash: shashi,prakash,priya
SM: State Machine Module of SIP UA: mayank,priya: shashi,mayank,priya
Net If: Network Interface Module of SIP UA: dhanya: shashi,dhanya,priya
Receiver: Receiver Module of SIP UA: shashi: shashi,priya
SIP Lib: SIP Library Module of SIP UA: shashi: shashi,priya
PIL: Protocol Independent Layer Module of SIP UA: priya: shashi,priya
HAL: Hardware Abstraction Layer Module of SIP UA: prakash: shashi,prakash,priya
Simulator: Simulator Module of SIP UA: prakash: shashi,prakash,priya

#
# Categories for the GCCS project
#
GCCS: Generic Call Control System:prasad:shashi,prasad
test: Test Project Bug:venki:root

# More of test cases. REMOVE when done
#
# category:description:Person/Email id responsible:Also notify to this person
#
Venki: Venki's bugs: venki:venki
#Bugs : Bug's bugs: venki:venki