public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* gnatsweb/245: "reason changed" field empty when re-editing a PR
@ 2001-08-23  5:04 thomas_roetynck
From: thomas_roetynck @ 2001-08-23  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-gnats

>Number:         245
>Category:       gnatsweb
>Synopsis:       "reason changed" field empty when re-editing a PR
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Aug 23 05:04:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Thomas Roetynck
>Release:        2.8.2
After submitting a PR, I want to "close" it:
- I edit this PR,
- I change "open" to "close"
- I write in the "Reason Changed" field the reason why I changed
- I submit

I wait a little ......
I re-edit the PR and nothing appears in the "Reason Changed" field
>How-To-Repeat:
told in the description
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: gnatsweb/245: "reason changed" field empty when re-editing a PR
@ 2001-08-26 10:27 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-08-26 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, thomas_roetynck, yngves

Synopsis: "reason changed" field empty when re-editing a PR

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Sun Aug 26 10:27:29 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    This the intended behaviour.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=245&database=gnats

* Re: gnatsweb/245: "reason changed" field empty when re-editing a PR
@ 2001-08-23  5:14 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-08-23  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngves; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/245; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: thomas_roetynck@hotmail.com,gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/245: "reason changed" field empty when re-editing
  a PR
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:05:14 +0200

 At 11:54 23.08.2001 +0000, thomas_roetynck@hotmail.com wrote:
 >After submitting a PR, I want to "close" it:
 >- I edit this PR,
 >- I change "open" to "close"
 >- I write in the "Reason Changed" field the reason why I changed
 >- I submit
 >
 >I wait a little ......
 >I re-edit the PR and nothing appears in the "Reason Changed" field

 This is the intended behaviour. When you submit the edit, the contents of
 the Reason Changed field is used to generate an Audit Trail entry for this
 edit. You should find that the text you entered has been added there.

 Yngve Svendsen
 Gnatsweb maintainer

* Re: gnatsweb/245: "reason changed" field empty when re-editing a PR
@ 2001-08-23  5:09 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-08-23  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, nobody, thomas_roetynck, yngves

Synopsis: "reason changed" field empty when re-editing a PR

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->yngves
Responsible-Changed-By: yngves
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Aug 23 05:09:56 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    -
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Thu Aug 23 05:09:56 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    User advised that this is indeed the intended behaviour.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=245&database=gnats