public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: nobody@sourceware.cygnus.com
Cc: gnats-prs@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gnats/181: CHDB command must be issued twice in order to work
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:54:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR gnats/181; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: Milan Zamazal <pdm@zamazal.org>
Cc: gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gnats/181: CHDB command must be issued twice in order to
  work
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:45:37 +0200

 I've been debugging a little bit more. Something sometimes seems to be
 breaking down in the parsing of client commands.

 First, I try to CHDB to "helpdesk" by using the three-argument version of
 CHDB (chdb databasename username password):

 200 hurre.clustra.com GNATS server 4.0-alpha ready.
 chdb helpdesk yngves xxxxxx
 210-Now accessing GNATS database 'yngves'
 210 User access level set to 'edit'

 gnatsd actually tries to change database to the supplied username. There is
 no database named "yngves", so this should not be possible at all.

 But this is not the whole story. On the theory that gnatsd uses the wrong
 argument (the second instead of the first one) when changing database, I
 tried the following:

 200 hurre.clustra.com GNATS server 4.0-alpha ready.
 chdb helpdesk helpdesk helpdesk
 210-Now accessing GNATS database ''
 210 User access level set to 'edit'

 Thus, I still have no good theory to give you.

 - Yngve