public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: gnatsweb/255: Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature end of script headers.
@ 2001-09-08  9:44 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-09-08  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngves; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/255; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: bshankar@peta-switch.com,gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/255: Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature
  end of script headers.
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 18:38:39 +0200

 At 23:03 05.09.2001 +0000, bshankar@peta-switch.com wrote:
 >Whenever try to edit the PR through gnatsweb i get the error.[Wed Sep  5
 >15:42:39 2001] [error] [client 192.168.123.229] Premature end of script
 >headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
 >Somebody over the net had updated that if we install the new CGI.pm this
 >error should not occur.
 >But After installing the new CGI.pm , still the same error exists.
 >I have been trying to lookout for a solution but until now could not find
 >anything at all. If anybody can help out, it would be really appreciated.

 Actually, I found some time for bug-squashing today. Try downloading
 gnatsweb 2.9.0 from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnatsweb/ . To upgrade from
 2.8.2 to 2.9.2 you need only copy gnatsweb.pl and gnats.pm to your cgi-bin
 directory. Remember, of course, to preserve any modifications you may have
 made to gnatsweb.pl.

 This version should be able to tell you what is wrong and prevent it from
 happening again.

 Let me know how this turns out,

 Yngve Svendsen
 Gnatsweb maintainer

* Re: gnatsweb/255: Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature end of script headers.
@ 2001-09-28 16:26 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-09-28 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bshankar, gnats-prs, yngves

Synopsis: Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature end of script headers.

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Fri Sep 28 16:26:34 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    No further communication received. Unable to proceed with solving.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=255&database=gnats

* Re: gnatsweb/255: Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature end of script headers.
@ 2001-09-08  2:54 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-09-08  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/255; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: bshankar@peta-switch.com,gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
  end of script headers.
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 11:54:48 +0200

 At 23:03 05.09.2001 +0000, bshankar@peta-switch.com wrote:
 >Whenever try to edit the PR through gnatsweb i get the error.[Wed Sep  5
 >15:42:39 2001] [error] [client 192.168.123.229] Premature end of script
 >headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
 >Somebody over the net had updated that if we install the new CGI.pm this
 >error should not occur.
 >But After installing the new CGI.pm , still the same error exists.
 >I have been trying to lookout for a solution but until now could not find
 >anything at all. If anybody can help out, it would be really appreciated.

 Try having a look in the gnats-adm subdirectory of your database. Is there
 a gnats.lock file there? If so, delete it.

 Gnatsweb 2.x does not handle a locked database by giving a proper error
 message. This is unfortunately unlikely to be fixed since we're now
 focusing squarely on version 4.0.

 Please let me know if my suggestion solves the problem.

 Yngve Svendsen
 Gnatsweb maintainer

* Re: gnatsweb/255: Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature end of script headers.
@ 2001-09-08  2:54 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-09-08  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bshankar, gnats-prs, nobody, yngves

Synopsis: Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature end of script headers.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->yngves
Responsible-Changed-By: yngves
Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Sep  8 02:54:50 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    -
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Sat Sep  8 02:54:50 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Waiting for feedback as to whether this is caused by a leftover gnats.lock file.

@ 2001-09-05 16:04 bshankar
From: bshankar @ 2001-09-05 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-gnats

>Number:         255
>Category:       gnatsweb
>Synopsis:       Editing PR through gnatsweb gives premature end of script headers.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Sep 05 16:04:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     bshankar@peta-switch.com
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Environment:

Whenever try to edit the PR through gnatsweb i get the error.[Wed Sep  5 15:42:39 2001] [error] [client 192.168.123.229] Premature end of script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
Somebody over the net had updated that if we install the new CGI.pm this error should not occur.
But After installing the new CGI.pm , still the same error exists.
I have been trying to lookout for a solution but until now could not find
anything at all. If anybody can help out, it would be really appreciated.

 Thank you