public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* gnats/266: mkcat doesn't work
@ 2001-09-28 10:54 ppatel
From: ppatel @ 2001-09-28 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-gnats

>Number:         266
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       mkcat doesn't work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Sep 28 10:54:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     ppatel@wann.com
>Release:        gnats-3.113
My mkcat command doesn't work.  when I type it I see follwoing things:
$>mkcat
mkcat command not found.
But, I can see mkcat's descrition on my man page i.e.
$>man mkcat
It shows me all detatils about this command.
Any Idea how to solve this problem.
One more thing Installtion guide is very unclear to me could yo suggest any easier source to follow??
>How-To-Repeat:
by typing mkcat
>Fix:
No Idea!!!
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: gnats/266: mkcat doesn't work
@ 2001-09-28 11:05 yngves
From: yngves @ 2001-09-28 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, nobody, ppatel, yngves

Synopsis: mkcat doesn't work

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->yngves
Responsible-Changed-By: yngves
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Sep 28 11:04:59 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    -
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Fri Sep 28 11:04:59 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Answered.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=266&database=gnats

* Re: gnats/266: mkcat doesn't work
@ 2001-09-28 11:04 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-09-28 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gnats-prs

The following reply was made to PR gnats/266; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yngve Svendsen <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>
To: ppatel@wann.com, gnats-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gnats/266: mkcat doesn't work
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:05:25 +0200

 At 17:47 28.09.2001 +0000, ppatel@wann.com wrote:
 >My mkcat command doesn't work.  when I type it I see follwoing things:
 >$>mkcat
 >mkcat command not found.
 >But, I can see mkcat's descrition on my man page i.e.
 >$>man mkcat
 >It shows me all detatils about this command.
 >Any Idea how to solve this problem.
 >One more thing Installtion guide is very unclear to me could yo suggest
 >any easier source to follow??

 First, you should run 'mkcat' as the user 'gnats'. mkcat is installed in
 /usr/local/libexec/gnats by default. Section A.2.1 of the GNATS manual
 specifies that this directory should be added to the default path of the
 'gnats' user.

 The manual is currently being revised for GNATS 4 (I am working on it at
 this very moment), but the installation instructions haven't been changed
 much. Granted, GNATS installation requires a little bit of knowledge about
 things such as mail aliases, crontabs etc., but I can't see that the guide
 is that hard to follow if you have some experience with system
 administration. Is there anything in particular you're thinking of?

 Yngve Svendsen
 Gnatsweb maintainer