public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* gnats/381: auto category creation doesn't set other permission - query-pr can't access
@ 2002-04-23  6:20 kmcfarland
From: kmcfarland @ 2002-04-23  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pdm-gnats, gnats-prs, bug-gnats

>Number:         381
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       auto category creation doesn't set other permission - query-pr can't access
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
Debian Linux

I have gnats4 up and running just fine.  Added a new category
but did not run mkcat.  The new documentation says that this isn't
required.  When a new bug came in for that Category the directory
was created fine, but the permission for that category didn't allow
read/execute access for "other".  The gnatsweb was able to do querys/viewing
of these bugs, but query-pr run by a individual would't allow the user to
see the bugs in this new category.

I changed the permission for that directory and everything was fine.
It appears that gnats should do this when auto-creating new categories.

/usr/bin/query-pr 3686 -d myDB

would return a blank line.

It created a dir like this:
===========================
drwxr-x---    2 gnats    gnats        4096 Apr 22 16:56 .

vs.

Needs to be like this:
======================

drwxr-xr-x    2 gnats    gnats        4096 Apr 22 16:56 .
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Unknown
>Unformatted:

* Re: gnats/381: auto category creation doesn't set other permission - query-pr can't access
@ 2002-05-26 11:24 ` Lars Henriksen
From: Lars Henriksen @ 2002-05-26 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kmcfarland; +Cc: pdm-gnats, gnats-prs, bug-gnats

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:56:52AM -0400, kmcfarland@starentnetworks.com wrote:
> >Number:         381
> >Category:       gnats
> >Synopsis:       auto category creation doesn't set other permission - query-pr can't access
>                                          Added a new category
> but did not run mkcat.  The new documentation says that this isn't
> required.  When a new bug came in for that Category the directory
> was created fine, but the permission for that category didn't allow
> read/execute access for "other".

Default permissions are set in the first section of the dbconfig file:

database-info {
    # If true, directories for categories are automatically created if they
    # don't already exist.
    create-category-dirs true

    # The default permission mask for new category directories.
    category-dir-perms "0755"
}

Lars Henriksen