public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* gnats/312: Add PAM Authentication
@ 2001-10-20 16:45 chewie
From: chewie @ 2001-10-20 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pdm-gnats, gnats-prs, bug-gnats

>Number:         312
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       Add PAM Authentication
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
Debian GNU/Linux 2.4.16
Adding PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) would be a
welcome addition to the gnats authentication scheme.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Unknown
>Unformatted:

* Re: gnats/312: Add PAM Authentication
@ 2002-09-17 10:11 Pankaj K Garg
From: Pankaj K Garg @ 2002-09-17 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-prs, chewie, pdm-gnats

http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=312&databa
se=gnats

Dear All:

 I am interested in implementing a PAM addition patch for GNATS. Saw that
there's already
a PR for this issue, although right now its in a suspended mode.

 I am a recent user of GNATS. I prefer using GNATS than Bugzilla, etc.,
because
its using the file system to store its data, and is relatively easier to
install and administor.

 Seems to me that adding an option for PAM authentication, instead of
storing user passwords
in 'gnatsd.access' will further simplify the adminstration of Gnatsd. I've
previously worked with
another person who added PAM to CVS, so would be interesting to apply the
same principles
here.

 Will start working on a design, so please let me know of any relevant
pointers.

 Thanks and best regards

Pankaj

---