On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 7:30 AM, Rich Felker wrote: > On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 06:42:52AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote: > >> Dynamic loader has no problem. The problem is kernel passes >> AT_PHDR to main, which points to the unmmaped address. We can >> ask for kernel change or make kernel happy. > > Kernel change does not help because nobody is obligated to use a new > kernel. Binutils would be producing binaries that don't work on > existing kernels (if the note hack were reverted or if similar changes > were added to other archs without a note hack; right now of course > it's working again). True. >> My current .note.gnu.property patch only works for x86. We can >> add >> >> #define GNU_PROPERTY_PHDRS 3 >> >> so that it can be used for all targets. > > What would this do? > These are what I have in mind. -- H.J.