* Wrong documentation for *trmv in the BLAS module
@ 2002-08-15  5:07 Fabian Jakobs
From: Fabian Jakobs @ 2002-08-15  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hello,

The documentation for the functions strmv, dtrmv, ctrmv and ztrmv in the BLAS
module seems to be wrong. This is taken from the HTML documentation:

>Function: int gsl_blas_strmv (CBLAS_UPLO_t Uplo, CBLAS_TRANSPOSE_t TransA,
>CBLAS_DIAG_t Diag, const gsl_matrix_float * A, gsl_vector_float * x)
>These functions compute the matrix-vector product and sum y =\alpha op(A) x +
>\beta y for the triangular matrix A, where op(A) = A, A^T, A^H for TransA =
>CblasNoTrans, CblasTrans, CblasConjTrans. When Uplo is CblasUpper then the
>upper triangle of A is used, and when Uplo is CblasLower then the lower
>triangle of A is used. If Diag is CblasNonUnit then the diagonal of the
>matrix is used, but if Diag is CblasUnit then the diagonal elements of the
>matrix A are taken as unity and are not referenced.

The part "sum y =\alpha op(A) x + \beta y" doesn't make sense since theese
functions don't have y, alpha or beta as argument. it should be "x = op(A) x"

	regards
	Fabian Jakobs

--
FEBO im Internet
http://www.febo.nl

* Re: Wrong documentation for *trmv in the BLAS module
@ 2002-08-15 16:06 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-08-15 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Jakobs; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Fabian Jakobs writes:
 > Hello,
 >  The documentation for the functions strmv, dtrmv, ctrmv and ztrmv
 > in the BLAS module seems to be wrong.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look at that.

Brian