* CVS
@ 2002-11-22 21:06 Przemyslaw Sliwa
From: Przemyslaw Sliwa @ 2002-11-22 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

After a successfull executing the comands :

 cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/gsl login
     (password is ``anoncvs'')
 cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/gsl checkout gsl

and

./autogen.sh

and ./configure I'm getting an error running make:

cd . \
  && makeinfo    \
        `echo gsl-ref.texi | sed 's,.*/,,'`
/bin/sh: makeinfo: command not found.

make[2]: *** [gsl-ref.info] Error 127

But if I run make on a normal gsl-version (from ftp) I do not get such a
problem.

Does anybody know the solution?

I'm using Suse Linux 8.0

Thanx for any help
Przem

* Re: AM_PATH_GSL problem
@ 2002-10-06  2:58 Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-10-06  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Z F; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Z F writes:
 > Hello Brian
 >  Below I reproduce the configure.in script. I should say that after
 > some fiddling around, I reran aclocal/automake/autoconf to recreate
 > the configure script and it fixed the problem.
 >  My understanding was that after the configure script was created,
 > all the stuff to create it is not needed.

This is correct.

Perhaps aclocal has not been run before creating the configure script.
The necessary commands would be,

aclocal
automake
autoconf
./configure
make dist

If these don't work and it looks like the problem is specific to gsl
please send a complete tar file which reproduces the problem -- it
wasn't possible to tell from the single file where the problem
is. Thanks.