* Not documented statistics function
@ 2004-07-05 18:29 Antonio Zugaldia
From: Antonio Zugaldia @ 2004-07-05 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GSL Discuss; +Cc: gsl-sharp-list

Hello everybody,

	I've seen in "gsl_statistics_double.h" this two functions:

      * double gsl_stats_pvariance (const double data1[], const size_t
        stride1, const size_t n1, const double data2[], const size_t
        stride2, const size_t n2);

      * double gsl_stats_ttest (const double data1[], const size_t
        stride1, const size_t n1, const double data2[], const size_t
        stride2, const size_t n2);

but I cannot see any reference to them in the manual. What are they for?

Thanks and regards :)

A.

--
Antonio Zugaldía <azugaldia@yahoo.es>
http://www.zugaldia.org/antonio

* Re: Not documented statistics function
@ 2004-07-12 12:31 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2004-07-12 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio Zugaldia; +Cc: GSL Discuss, gsl-sharp-list

Antonio Zugaldia writes:
 > 	I've seen in "gsl_statistics_double.h" this two functions:
 >
 >       * double gsl_stats_pvariance (const double data1[], const size_t
 >         stride1, const size_t n1, const double data2[], const size_t
 >         stride2, const size_t n2);
 >
 >       * double gsl_stats_ttest (const double data1[], const size_t
 >         stride1, const size_t n1, const double data2[], const size_t
 >         stride2, const size_t n2);
 >
 > but I cannot see any reference to them in the manual. What are they for?

Statistical tests (T-test and pooled variance).

There are quite a few undocumented functions in the library.  As a
general rule, only the documented functions should be used.

In this case I was planning to move those functions to a separate
directory for other statistical tests.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,